Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks tunnel_rat. As stated, it took me forever and a day to make, but was a fun challenge. I forgot to take a pressure drop across it. I'll have to try and remember to do that.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Very nice fitting!

I have always called that an Inverted Hensley fitting.

jk, I don't know jack about sheet metal.

It looks good. It's better to take too long and look good than live with some crappy work forever.
    Read, read, read!

Beautimus!!!!!
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

in Connecticut we call that a reversible or a parker I have also heard people call it a garwood but a garwood is a fitting that will change the ductwork from vertical to horizontal similar to a reversible but just fabbed differently

Quite interesting to see all the different names of this fitting.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

If you laid that out on your own and did it all by hand hats off to you. That is not an easy fitting to lay out, compared to a regular flat or vertical elbow. The heel on those is tricky especially when you need one side to be flat. I just used 2 last week to bring my ductwork up through the floor in to a mechanical room where there will be a Ruud 95% single stg with 3 ton 14 seer but anyway the only other way would have been to cap and tap but no way with supply trunk. I had to get 16x10 btween 2 floor joists

Yeah Air Mover, that was laid out and formed by hand. If I ever do it again, I will make the throat a bit longer. I only had about a 1/2 inch of metal holding the piece together. That made it quite difficult to run it through the easy edger.

Wow, that's a good job! Got photos after the project was done, or still in the work w/ the class?

Yeah Mayguy, I got photos. Can't post them for a while. I'm out of town at a Photovoltaic Train the Trainer course this week. I'll put a reminder in my calendar and post photos when I get back. How's life in Roch? You know, I'm there at least twice a month, but never think to stop by and introduce myself. Would your coworkers know who mayguy is? If not, maybe shoot me a PM with your schedule and which store you're at. It's always nice to meet a fellow H talker and put a face to a name.

I sure miss the custom sheet metal. We just build on the job now with a mini brake or store bought. (which works if done right) But there sure is a lot to be said of the lost art of fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12