+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multistack HX Cleaning

Post Likes

Multistack HX Cleaning

I have a Multistack Micro Chiller that I just took over. I pulled the strainers today and found about 2 inches of sludge in the screens. From seeing this I am thinking its not to bad of an idea to clean the HX before cooling season. The information I have gotten from Multistack is to by their $500 HX cleaning set up. I am curious if anyone has done alternative methods to clean these HX's? I would like to avoid buying this setup if possible.

Post Likes
    Is this a bphe?

Post Likes
    If it is a bphe, make fire hose to flange adaptor and back flush with lots of volume.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deltap10 View Post
    If it is a bphe, make fire hose to flange adaptor and back flush with lots of volume.
    Cool I have also used nickel safe ice machine cleaner on some other heat exchangers. Hope he has good luck with it.

Post Likes
    just set up a bathtub and a pony pump tith 3 hose and flush the exchanger in reverse flow of operation with approved cleaner for brazed plate xchangers and let run for 10 to 15 min the detergant i used was a orange powder that went from orange to purple when done after that condem that thing and install a nice screw chiller had lots of issues with modular chiller be it multistack or climacool #1 issue is that they like very clean condensor water so i would highly recommend a closed loop aka drycooler or evaportive cooling tower for the condesor loop

Post Likes
    I ended up making a pumping system that had a pool pump, 55 gallon drum for my cleaner, and a bypass filter. I should have taken a picture of it. I cleaned it first with TSP and did a second flush with Rydlyme. I was amazed all the debris I got out of it and very glad I put the bypass filter inline to collect it all. I even got pretty good size chunks of gasket material.
    All 4 circuits were undercharged believe it or not, anywhere from 15% to 45%. Amazing what happens when you do things right.

Post Likes
    What type of equipment did Multistack recommend to clean it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in