Multistack HX Cleaning

I have a Multistack Micro Chiller that I just took over. I pulled the strainers today and found about 2 inches of sludge in the screens. From seeing this I am thinking its not to bad of an idea to clean the HX before cooling season. The information I have gotten from Multistack is to by their $500 HX cleaning set up. I am curious if anyone has done alternative methods to clean these HX's? I would like to avoid buying this setup if possible.

Is this a bphe?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

If it is a bphe, make fire hose to flange adaptor and back flush with lots of volume.

Quote Originally Posted by deltap10 View Post
    If it is a bphe, make fire hose to flange adaptor and back flush with lots of volume.
    Cool I have also used nickel safe ice machine cleaner on some other heat exchangers. Hope he has good luck with it.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

just set up a bathtub and a pony pump tith 3 hose and flush the exchanger in reverse flow of operation with approved cleaner for brazed plate xchangers and let run for 10 to 15 min the detergant i used was a orange powder that went from orange to purple when done after that condem that thing and install a nice screw chiller had lots of issues with modular chiller be it multistack or climacool #1 issue is that they like very clean condensor water so i would highly recommend a closed loop aka drycooler or evaportive cooling tower for the condesor loop

I ended up making a pumping system that had a pool pump, 55 gallon drum for my cleaner, and a bypass filter. I should have taken a picture of it. I cleaned it first with TSP and did a second flush with Rydlyme. I was amazed all the debris I got out of it and very glad I put the bypass filter inline to collect it all. I even got pretty good size chunks of gasket material.
    All 4 circuits were undercharged believe it or not, anywhere from 15% to 45%. Amazing what happens when you do things right.

What type of equipment did Multistack recommend to clean it?