Confused shaft for vane assy. on a ytk.

Hey guys, I am having a problem replacing the o-rings on the shaft for the vane assembly. I have heated the evaporator tempeture to about 94 degs and 17.2 psia hoping that I would have a positive pressure and the shaft pull out easier, as I pull it sounds like something is hitting inside the housing. I've looked at the explosion veiw of the assy. and it does not show anything should be impeding the shaft. Is there a special tool for this or am I missing the obvious. any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

If you've never done one before you need to call someone who has before you find out the hard way what will go wrong if you proceed. You will not get a lot of response on this topic with the limited information about yourself in your profile either. All I will say right now is stop what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by no1nygfan View Post
    Hey guys, I am having a problem replacing the o-rings on the shaft for the vane assembly. I have heated the evaporator tempeture to about 94 degs and 17.2 psia hoping that I would have a positive pressure and the shaft pull out easier, as I pull it sounds like something is hitting inside the housing. I've looked at the explosion veiw of the assy. and it does not show anything should be impeding the shaft. Is there a special tool for this or am I missing the obvious. any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.
    You will need a special stud to pull out the shaft. The procedure is in an attached file.

Quote Originally Posted by w~p View Post
    You will need a special stud to pull out the shaft. The procedure is in an attached file.
    Well I guess I can eat my words and hope that the moderators will see fit to move this into the Pro's forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrb View Post
    Well I guess I can eat my words and hope that the moderators will see fit to move this into the Pro's forum.
    Just snack on the words about predicting a response. The rest are probably still good advice.