+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manitowoc indigo -full bin problem

Post Likes

manitowoc indigo -full bin problem

Just installed a new machine at a Lonestar. Setup the ice thickness and ran through 1 cycle. the unit finished its harvest and then indicated i had a 'full bin' and that my water curtain was open. neither scenario was true. i reset power on unit and it started back up and did same thing.in setup menu i set binsensor option to 'none' still did the same thing. i then set it to 'bin' and then 'dispenser' which the unit doesnt have anyway. Still did the same thing. i suspect i either have a defective water curtain sensor or the sensor/magnet in door is not activating the sensor. im calling manitowoc in the morning. in the meantime anyone have any other suggestions?

Post Likes
    Sensor wires connected to board ? Try another magnet ?

Post Likes
    yes wires are connected to board and connected to the right terminals. there is no exposed magnet on these units like the S series. this is an Indigo unit. i dont believe there is a megnet in the water curtain on these units . i believe it is a proximity sensor.

Post Likes
    Get the model # if you could please.

Post Likes
    might be a dumb question but . . . did you have the curtain off during the cycle for any reason & just not have it back on after it harvested? thus the full bin indication

edit: reread your op u said it wasn't open so i assume it was on .. ohm the bin switch with leads disconnected & see what it reads with curtain open & closed

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtemp View Post
    yes wires are connected to board and connected to the right terminals. there is no exposed magnet on these units like the S series. this is an Indigo unit. i dont believe there is a megnet in the water curtain on these units . i believe it is a proximity sensor.
    there's a magnet you just can't see it. it would be under the white plastic on the inside of the curtain. indigo is basically an S series machine with a bunch of extras

Post Likes
    They already have a service bulletin about the ice dampers sticking on certain models and causing a false full bin condition..... If I remember right, you grind down the inside edge of the damper (the damper has the magnet and rotates down to trip the bin switch). If yours has a curtain this may not apply. Check Manitowoc website for applicable service bulletins. Good luck!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    They already have a service bulletin about the ice dampers sticking on certain models and causing a false full bin condition..... If I remember right, you grind down the inside edge of the damper (the damper has the magnet and rotates down to trip the bin switch). If yours has a curtain this may not apply. Check Manitowoc website for applicable service bulletins. Good luck!
    what models use an ice damper that looks like that? i haven't seen that before

Post Likes
    The switch is easy to test..........Got Ground?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Ditto on the Ground. Make sure the machine is grounded properly or those sensors will not work right.

Post Likes
    agree on the ground.

a little off topic but id like to think improper grounding of machines must rank high on calls to the factory for machines that don't function right. . . . for machines in play for a while i bet that high ranking call is filthy machines/components

Post Likes
    lowtemp,
    Do you have a model number for us to work with ?

Post Likes
    2things. There is a large washer u need to remove on thickness probe after installation and the is also an adjustable bin control on those units. The settings are in the board. I don't have book in front of me but u should call manitowic and they should set u straight.

Post Likes

Re:manitowoc indigo -full bin problem

Have you grounded your machine properly? Don’t uninstall anything before the manitowac service engineers come there. If you perceive the problem still, just switch off the machine and wait for them. It is the best idea.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    I agree

Sent from an Amazing 4G device using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btack View Post
    I agree

what model uses this damper? .. not any I've seen & op never furnished m#

Post Likes
    I think every indigo. At least all that I have installed and serviced IY is the designation for all the taco bells. Is just a little flap at the bottom of the evap used to be on the IBs and I think some qmQ module machines

Post Likes
    def not all because none I've seen used it & even the class i recently attended didn't have any with a damper on display .. I'm still curious to know what happened with this machine in the OP

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    def not all because none I've seen used it & even the class i recently attended didn't have any with a damper on display .. I'm still curious to know what happened with this machine in the OP

Damper is not on the display it just a small curtain at the bottom of the evap that the curtain switch it's a attached to

Post Likes
    i meant on display as in on display in the classroom lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in