Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,648

    Progressing to Ignorance

    "A native American who cannot read or write is
    as rare an appearance... as a comet or an earthquake." -John Adams


    TBN has a new piece from American Heritage/Wall Builders , ...it's a must see.
    David Barton shows examples of mandatory school requirements from the past.
    in many cases typical materiel from the 4th grade is now considered "higher learning"

    a common age for entering college was 13 years old.
    Barton shows examples of early Americans holding important offices and making amazing accomplishments from the ages of 11-17.


    in 40 short years the Socialist "Progressives" took this country from #1 in education to #68



    check TBN for programs featuring David Barton.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    105
    Sound like an interesting article, I'll check that out when I get back to the office. George washington led many men at an early age. Even andrew jackson was a POW during the revolutionary war, I believe he was around 11 or 12 at that time. Incredible bravery at such a young age. They were taught responsibility and work ethic at a young age to ensure their families survival and self preservation. I cant tell you how many adults I encounter that have completed high school yet have a third grade vocabulary, or any grasp of simple mathematics. Anyways, I'll check it out tonight. Thanks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    It's no secret this country has been dumbed down intentionally by the academic progressives. They cannot survive with an intelligent, informed public. Fat, drunk and stupid, is their rally cry.......Don't forget Hope and Change...
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    It's no secret this country has been dumbed down intentionally by the academic progressives. They cannot survive with an intelligent, informed public. Fat, drunk and stupid, is their rally cry.......Don't forget Hope and Change...
    AGREED! search a childrens cartoon called The Wonder Pets! It will turn your stomach! This and MANY others like it on the same network have been banned in my home! No doubt, this is intentional brainwashing of our youth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    san pedro ca.
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by GAacTech View Post
    Sound like an interesting article, I'll check that out when I get back to the office. George washington led many men at an early age. Even andrew jackson was a POW during the revolutionary war, I believe he was around 11 or 12 at that time. Incredible bravery at such a young age. They were taught responsibility and work ethic at a young age to ensure their families survival and self preservation. I cant tell you how many adults I encounter that have completed high school yet have a third grade vocabulary, or any grasp of simple mathematics. Anyways, I'll check it out tonight. Thanks
    Yeah they sure taught the slaves a work ethic and they didn't allow them to read either or go to school' The schools didn't become integrated till the sixties. The blacks were going to schools in shacks with no books or money after that. I guess its all how you look at it isn't it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by GAacTech View Post
    AGREED! search a childrens cartoon called The Wonder Pets! It will turn your stomach! This and MANY others like it on the same network have been banned in my home! No doubt, this is intentional brainwashing of our youth.
    I have a 7 yr old now, but "back in the day", I have seen this Wonder Pets of which you speak.........if this was only the worst..............
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,648
    Yeah they sure taught the slaves a work ethic and they didn't allow them to read either or go to school' The schools didn't become integrated till the sixties. The blacks were going to schools in shacks with no books or money after that. I guess its all how you look at it isn't it?

    the left wing believe that if they can find a problem with America they have a right to destroy the whole country

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by coilcleaner View Post
    Yeah they sure taught the slaves a work ethic and they didn't allow them to read either or go to school' The schools didn't become integrated till the sixties. The blacks were going to schools in shacks with no books or money after that. I guess its all how you look at it isn't it?
    Sure going to school with no books. Give us a break. Gees. Who taught you that, history? Or did you even go to school? With statements like that one can only guess.

    No credibility that is for sure. Please go post crazy stuff like that somewhere else. Have a good night.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event