Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
My argument is not with this particular instance of government intrusion in to what is a personal decision it is how it is used as a political football to garner votes. The procedure is legal whether you or I feel it is moral is another discussion entirely. I just can't see how the same people that feel requiring health insurance is unconstitutional feel that legislating unneeded medical procedures is perfectly OK.
Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
You completely miss understand the reason for the legislation. I know personally one of the State Senators that wrote the Texas Bill. It is about wanting young women to have a full understanding of the consequence of their actions. Abortions are a huge business (cash cow) for the doctors that perform them. They and Planned Parenthood have no vested interest in offering troubled vulnerable young women an option. If a young woman looks at an ultrasound video/picture and hears the heartbeat she at least has a full understanding of the true cost of her actions. I remember seeing the ultrasound of my granddaughter and it brings home immediately that there is a life there.

A doctor is going to do the ultrasound regardless, he needs to know what is going on inside; even if he does not care about the child he wants to protect himself from a lawsuit. Therefore the state is not really forcing anything on the woman.

As to the legality sorry not true that it is legal, this is a states right issue not federal and the Supreme Court had not legal justification for ROE V WADE.

I understand you just do not get it but that is what this current election and the TEA PARTY is all about getting back to states’ rights.

Now the federal government does not have the right to force a medical procedure on someone but a state may in certain instances. For instance there are several religious groups that feel it is wrong to use a doctor or medical care. That is fine as long as they do not put a child in jeopardy however if a child has a medical condition that requires medical care or they will die then the state has the right to step in.
Couple of thoughts here:

First: We need to remember that ALL polecats use the legal system to promote their careers... lets not say the GOP are the only ones. DEMS do it all the time.

Back to the abortion issue: Back in the 1980's and 1990's, I served in the local churches I was in with the counseling team; we did what is called 'Biblical Counseling'. The deff is to apply scripture and prayer to issues in someone's life. When you see one of the TV preachers put up a phone # for prayer... well I was on the other end of that line. Did it for Pat Robertson, for Billy Graham, and for a host of others. Also did the 'walk-down' counseling (at the end of a Billy Graham or a Promise keepers); when folks went down for help with their messed up lives... I was one of the folks who worked with them. This was a rewarding ministry... it is special to see folks get their lives together.

From doing this; I gained a HUGE amount of experience sorting out folks problems; especially the effect certain decisions have on folks. I can tell you guys/gals that it is the RARE instance where a woman having an abortion does not seriously scar her soul (we relate through our souls). And when a woman chooses to terminate the life of her baby... the father goes through a gut-wrenching mess. I cannot count the number of folks who needed years of emotional help to get their lives back together. Just weaklings you say... No; there was one trait which was universal with the ones whom it did not affect much: A seriously COLD attitude towards everyone... kinda like Saddaam Hussein. Note that the ministries will not allow cross gender one-one counseling, with good reason. The situations I was in included both the mother/father... so we had a man/woman counselor on these this cases.

The pro-choice folks never tell anyone about the emotional damage having an abortion does to both the man and woman... they are ONLY interested in the $$$. Imagine that: LEGALIZED murder to buy the votes of MD's... And guess what: THAT was the DEMS who did that one. "So much for the GOP being the horrible manipulators."