Got a new ride. I begin Monday!!!

This outfit has you interview with the whole work force BEFORE you get hired on. Sure was different than anyplace I ever worked before.
    Kinda personable, friendly.

Their based in Monroe, LA., but they do jobs all over this part of the South.
    (Texas, Luisianna, Mississippi, Arkansaw)

I was shocked to hear the service manager tell me he liked the way "I talked".

Can you imagine that?

My wife tells me he's throwing gasoline on the fire by telling me something like that!

I explained to the man my tools were yet being held by previous employer. All I got is a Swiss Army Knife and pocket screw driver.
    He told me this morning he'd take care of it.

WOW!!!

I'm stoked!!! Praised God!

congrats on the new job Job

Happy Mentoring...... and Good Luck...
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Congratulations, Bob!

Going back to San Antone?

This is in Luisianna. West Monroe to be exact.

The company is a fine bunch of folks.

I walk in Wednesday kinda a down in the face and this manager asks me how I'm doin.
    I let him know my wife is sick, stressing out over how long I've been out of state working ... and he looks me straight on and says he will support me in any decision I need to make.
    he will help with relocation when it comes time to bring the wife over.
    He says if I need to make a quick trip home to visit ... he will be fine with that.
    He says the family is a high priority here!

I get out on a job and the guys are callin me asking how it's goin.
    I get lost driving thru Monroe and ask this guy where to go and he directs me turn by turn right to the next call.
    And they all act like they like what they are doing.

Originally posted by R12rules
    Got a new ride. I begin Monday!!!

This outfit has you interview with the whole work force BEFORE you get hired on. Sure was different than anyplace I ever worked before.
    Kinda personable, friendly.

Their based in Monroe, LA., but they do jobs all over this part of the South.
    (Texas, Luisianna, Mississippi, Arkansaw)

I was shocked to hear the service manager tell me he liked the way "I talked".

Can you imagine that?

My wife tells me he's throwing gasoline on the fire by telling me something like that!

I explained to the man my tools were yet being held by previous employer. All I got is a Swiss Army Knife and pocket screw driver.
    He told me this morning he'd take care of it.

WOW!!!

I'm stoked!!! Praised God!

Whata mean about your tools being held

Hey R12 I used to work in West Monroe back in 92 through 94. I have family there. I make it up there about three or four times a year. Congrats and Gods speed. If you have any ??? about the place let me know. What line of work, rerfrigeration (R12 Rules) I,m assuming, or hvac.
    Saddle Up!

He liked the the way you talk????

Congratulations R-12.

Originally posted by -80guru
    Hey R12 I used to work in West Monroe back in 92 through 94. I have family there. I make it up there about three or four times a year. Congrats and Gods speed. If you have any ??? about the place let me know. What line of work, rerfrigeration (R12 Rules) I,m assuming, or hvac.
    The outfit has good people working there.

They are at various stages of expertise.

The service manager asked if I would start a class for the guys. He told me he has always wanted a class to go over some of the field service issues that come up.

When I asked what types of problems he is encountering .. he and the owner replied: "EVERYTHING!"

I said yes, of course.
    This is my destiny.

The job entails hvac as well as low temp work.
    We have four states we cover. But mainly Luisianna. We have a regular project in New Orleans, on going.

Before we accept a job like that, everyone here meets multiple times and we all vote on it.

Amazing!!!

Dispatch had me near the border to Texas this morning. She told me how long the job was bid to complete, 8 hours. When I finished early, she called me into the shop to pick up a motor for an RTU at the local mall in Monroe.
    Upon return to the shop, she discovered how much time would be involved in the change out so she told me to make it there first call ... tomorrow!
    Now I like that!!!

I was looking into purchasing a digital camera to document/ share info on the jobs I see.
    When I approached the owner's wife about payroll deductions for this purchase, she told me she would pick one up at Sam's and let me carry it, no charge.
    Now how many outfits are as accomadating as this?
    None that I ever found.

Congrats to you. I also have finally found something great. I start on the 22nd. Two Interviews, on the spot tests, background check, Physical, and drug test. Took nearly 2 months to get it, and best of all, after I show them my skills for a year or so, I will be a regional Rep for the company and be able to live in Central Minnesota. Ill be in the cities for around a year.

Oh yeah the pay is good too...

Cheers...
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Life in the USA

Can be good....Happy for both yall.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Originally posted by R12rules
    ....I explained to the man my tools were yet being held by previous employer. All I got is a Swiss Army Knife and pocket screw driver...
    The ice people are holding your tools???? What's up with that?

Hey R12, how's the job going? Everything still good? Glad to hear you got a job you like. Let us know how everything is.