Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Up late 1am or so the other night, when low and behold a commercial comes on. My name's "Kenny" or whatever, and when I want to meet other "guys", I call 1-800-*******. Now I've seen these phone services advertised plenty of times, but never for the gays. I don't think these commercials should be allowed, with the way censorship is today, I shouldn't be watching a local station and see this crap.If you're gay,fine. Don't flaunt it to me, and you definetly don't need an advertisement where to meet other gays.Next thing you know they'll have beastiality commercials. Some things shouldn't be forced apon the public....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Call them up.

Looks like the faghats are intolerant lately

The operator of a Provincetown trolley said the sign on
    her vehicle summed up her feelings on the recent tensions. (Globe Staff Photo / Wendy Maeda)

By Adrienne P. Samuels, Globe Staff | July 14, 2006

PROVINCETOWN -- Town leaders here are holding a public meeting today to air concerns about slurs and bigoted behavior. And this time, they say, it's gay people who are displaying intolerance.

Police say they logged numerous complaints of straight people being called ``breeders" by gays over the July Fourth holiday weekend. Jamaican workers reported being the target of racial slurs. And a woman was verbally accosted after signing a petition that opposed same-sex marriage, they said.

The town, which prizes its reputation for openness and tolerance, is taking the concerns seriously, though police say they do not consider the incidents hate crimes.

``Hate language is usually the early-warning signal that could lead to hate-motivated violence," Town Manager Keith Bergman said. ``And before that happens, we try to nip it in the bud."

Gays have coexisted fairly peacefully alongside other residents in this community on Cape Cod's tip, home to a long-established Portuguese fishing colony.

Provincetown was recently re-certified for its ``No Place for Hate" designation by the AntiDefamation League, which worked with the town on tolerance issues in the 1990s after gays experienced some problems. But the town's ``No Place for Hate" group, set up to address incidents of bigotry, hasn't met in years.

``We have not had problems in a long time," police Staff Sergeant Warren Tobias said. ``I don't necessarily view this as a big problem, but it's certainly a blip on our radar screen."

Along the main shopping street and the wharf, residents of this 3,400-person town -- which swells to some 30,000 over the summer -- say tensions are rising in part because of strong feelings about same-sex marriage.

``I've been here for eight years, and I think in that time the population has changed a bit and there is a little less tolerance," said Simply Silver store owner Bill Mitchell, 53, who said he is gay. ``There has been a little more tension."

Meanwhile, Jamaicans say the intensifying debate over immigration is making racial issues worse.

Winsome Karr, 45, originally from Jamaica, has worked in town since 2002. Lately, she said, the off-color comments stem from gay visitors who mistakenly believe that all Jamaicans share the views of an island religious sect that disagrees with homosexuality.

Karr's strong accent reveals her Jamaican roots.

``After a while people from here get used to you, and it changes," said Karr, who works at a Tedeschi Food Shop not far from Commercial Street. ``It's just because of the image that gay people have of Jamaicans. People -- no matter who they are -- get defensive of their lifestyle."

On same-sex marriage, the clashes have occurred as the state Legislature grapples with whether the electorate should vote on a measure to limit marriage to heterosexuals. A group that supports gay marriage, knowthyneighbor, has created a website displaying the names of more than 100,000 signers of a petition that calls for the state Constitution to be amended to prohibit same-sex marriage.

Knowthyneighbor's tactics are controversial, with critics alleging that knowthyneighbor is making the names of same-sex marriage opponents public in an effort to expose or intimidate them. The group's founders say they are simply promoting civic discourse.

The names of 43 Provincetown residents are listed on the website. Most of the petition signers attend St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church, which serves the Portuguese community and others in town. The Catholic Church has helped lead the fight against same-sex marriage.

One St. Peter's parishioner, Yvonne Cabral, was verbally accosted last Friday by Provincetown Magazine publisher Rick Hines after Hines learned that Cabral signed the petition, according to police.

Police Chief Ted Meyer plans to seek charges of disorderly conduct against Hines, who saw Cabral shopping and loudly called her a ``bigot," according to both Hines and Meyer. Other people who signed the petition -- and subsequently had their names posted on the same website -- said manure has been spread on their properties in recent months, Meyer added.

All parties involved agree that Cabral was shopping and Hines was buying a hotdog when Hines told Cabral that she was a bigot.

Police said the matter was under investigation and declined to provide the Globe a copy of the police report.

The Rev. Henry J. Dahl, pastor at St. Peter's, heard about what happened to Cabral, and about another parishioner who said she felt intimidated after a flier was stuck on her car in the middle of the night with a list of the names of petition signers -- including her own. Dahl decided to call the police chief.

``People who signed the petition, I think they knew what they were getting into," said Dahl. ``There was a certain expectation of knowing that when you make a statement like that, there could be certain consequences that follow."

``But this was a dramatic experience," he said, referring to Cabral's encounter with Hines.

Hines said the matter was being blown out of proportion.

``I knew she signed the petition and I ran into her, and I gave her a piece of my mind," said Hines.

Hines added: ``After being pushed and prodded your whole life for being gay, you run into someone you know sees you as a second-class citizen and it's human to respond. . . . I regret that it happened that way."

When approached by a reporter yesterday, Cabral, who runs a trolley service , gathered tourists onto her trolley at the Town Hall stop, pulled the bell, and called out: ``I don't want to divide the community over this issue."

As the trolley pulled away, a sign attached to the back came into view. It read: ``That `love they neighbor' thing? I meant it . . . [signed] God."

Provincetown is mostly white, but includes several hundred people who identify themselves as biracial, along with 258 blacks, 11 American Indians, and 17 Asians.

It's not clear what percentage of the residents are gay. Some residents question whether a problem really exists between gays and straight people in Provincetown, suggesting that tourists are the ones bringing in hateful language.

``I haven't noticed a rift," said Luanne Lipkin-Kelman, 53, who was selling artwork with her partner at an outdoor craft fair at the local Unitarian church. ``The whole draw of P-town is that it's an old Portuguese fishing community and friendly to us."

Samuels can be reached at asamuels@globe.com.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...own/?page=full

Originally posted by smokin68
    I shouldn't be watching a local station and see this crap.
    If you dont like it, change the channel.

Being gay is not against the law. Beastiality is. Thats why you will never see commercials for "dial a goat" etc.

But isnt it "truly American" to operate a business to make money? Now bearing that in mind, what wrong with someone willing to cash in on horny gay dudes that cant sleep?

But i'll bet you have no objection to have the phone ads that target "straight" people?

Double edged sword there...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oloenneker
    [B]

Originally posted by oloenneker

Being gay is not against the law. Beastiality is. Thats why you will never see commercials for "dial a goat" etc.

But isnt it "truly American" to operate a business to make money? Now bearing that in mind, what wrong with someone willing to cash in on horny gay dudes that cant sleep?

But i'll bet you have no objection to have the phone ads that target "straight" people?

I knew you were a fag.

Smoking, these are your liberal friends. You get the friends you deserve when you hang with them. So why are you bi+ching?

They tell you to change the channel? What next? Change your town, state or country?

Isn't it great you got tolled that from a foreign rump ranger? Hang in their with the liberals, you're going places.

Homos were created from a giant fart. They refer to it as their own big bang theory.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Not yet. Give it time. Seems your people are trying to pass a law that allows marriage between humans and animals.

Same thing that's wrong with cashing in on being hired to murder someone. It's wrong.

That's wrong, too.

You're a very presumptive individual.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Not yet. Give it time. Seems your people are trying to pass a law that allows marriage between humans and animals.

Same thing that's wrong with cashing in on being hired to murder someone. It's wrong.

That's wrong, too.

You're a very presumptive individual.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by James 3528

I knew you were a fag.

Smoking, these are your liberal friends. You get the friends you deserve when you hang with them. So why are you bi+ching?

They tell you to change the channel? What next? Change your town, state or country?

Isn't it great you got tolled that from a foreign rump ranger? Hang in their with the liberals, you're going places.

Someone resurrected my 3 monthy old post.

Change the channel? How original. So your answer to anything you don't like is "look away". Remember this when you see something you don't like.

I'm far from a liberal James, so I don't know where you get "liberal friends" from.You won't see me hugging a tree or showing mercy on terrorist prisoners.

In today's era of political correctness and FCC fines, I don't know how these commercials get through. I also disagree with personal adds on t.v. period.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

In this sad liberal state of Washington you can come here and legally have sex with animals, but you might want to hurry, the legaslaters are thinking about making it illegal, after a man died from a ruptured lower intestine after a horse did him in. Only way cops found was friends dropped man at hostpital and camera capture car liscense plate #. Only in Seattle area,thank god i live on eastern side.

Up late 1am or so the other night, when low and behold a commercial comes on. My name's "Kenny" or whatever, and when I want to meet other "guys", I call 1-800-*******. Now I've seen these phone services advertised plenty of times, but never for the gays. I don't think these commercials should be allowed, with the way censorship is today, I shouldn't be watching a local station and see this crap.If you're gay,fine. Don't flaunt it to me, and you definetly don't need an advertisement where to meet other gays.Next thing you know they'll have beastiality commercials. Some things shouldn't be forced apon the public....
    What is the definition of "flaunting it"? It is a commercial or when someone shakes it in your face? Who is up at 1:00 in the morning anyway? Certainly not people who have to get up in the morning and go to work. Get some sleep and don't sweat the gays. They don't get offended when hetro commercials come on. Or do they?
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Originally posted by wallatech
    In this sad liberal state of Washington you can come here and legally have sex with animals, but you might want to hurry, the legaslaters are thinking about making it illegal, after a man died from a ruptured lower intestine after a horse did him in. Only way cops found was friends dropped man at hostpital and camera capture car liscense plate #. Only in Seattle area,thank god i live on eastern side.
    Liberal Washington? Since when? Who has the majority? What party does the President belong to? Rush would argue your point. We don't live in a situation with a liberal Washington,or are the conservatives weak and the liberals actually control the whole thing? Washington is conservative when they do something the conservatives like, but as if by magic when something happens the conservatives don't like poof things are controlled by the liberals. The liberals blame it all on the conservatives. Has it ever occured to anyone on this site that they are all screwing us and laughing because we think that any of them actually give a rat's ass about our problems. Washington is all about agendas and some of us are confused into thinking that the agendas are the same ones we have. Before the accusations begin and the insults are thrown. I am neither liberal or conservtives. You may insult my intelligence, but I know enough to know that our elected officials on both sides are crooks. Not all of them, but enough of them to sour the rest in my eyes. Ok...run with it.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast