Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Carlyle headaches

Working on an Octagon unit with 4 30HP Carlyle compressors and have one that is bypassing pressure and cycling on and off. Already checked solanoid valve, internal pressure relief valve and all valve plates and gaskets....anything I am missing?

What is it cycling on and off on? Is it bypassing when off. Is it an 06e

Octagon like a stop sign?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Carlyle

Octagon 120 ton package unit a/c...carlyle 06ea model compressor with unloader.

make sure you used the right head gaskets, I found many over the years that were wrong and would leak from high to low side. what is your discharge superheat?

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    make sure you used the right head gaskets, I found many over the years that were wrong and would leak from high to low side. what is your discharge superheat?
    Yep I bet it's the center head gasket.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I have changed the center head gasket with valve plates and the internal pressure relief valve and it won't hold the pump down. Pressure goes up quickly. Replaced top gasket with same type.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieNorfoxx1969 View Post
    I have changed the center head gasket with valve plates and the internal pressure relief valve and it won't hold the pump down. Pressure goes up quickly. Replaced top gasket with same type.
    Did you have to cut out anything on the center gasket? Where did you get your new parts?
    UA 100

No I did not cut any part of the out just installed new one with same type of metal gasket along with valve plates and valves. Got parts from Carrier:

I am also getting a lot of oil in cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieNorfoxx1969 View Post
    No I did not cut any part of the out just installed new one with same type of metal gasket along with valve plates and valves. Got parts from Carrier:
    I had something like this happen to me one time and it ended up that the valve plate package didn't have the correct gasket and I assumed wrong. You should have gotten instructions with your valve plate package. There is a section in there about the center head and you may need to cut a gasket . This may or may not be your situation but just an avenue to look.
    UA 100

I will look into that thanks for all the input guys....I truly appreciate it.

Always match the gasket to the side of the cylinder head that goes against the valve plate. This will eliminate any chance of a gasket mix up. Carlyle
    06E center, hot gas, and suction cutoff heads all require different gaskets to operate correctly. A mix up will cause rapid high to low side equalization of pressures. Send me a message if you need any further info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast