Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a fan

The job does look pretty decent. I am very OCD so i would have done it different. For what had to be done I could tell that it probably works well just doesnt look that well.

i would have.
    -move tubing and drain to left side
    -insulate steam hose or move unit to left side plenum
    -cleanup control wiring
    -installed EIM module above anything with water
    -installed a 4" media cabinet under furnace
    -straighten flue pipe
    -hard piped gas line. some code mandates flex because of earthquakes. i dont know if Arizona does

Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH View Post
    How do you Guys not know your Local Gas Law (CodeBook) If you are working on gas?

Sorry just makes me mad when I come behind and gotta red tag the unit casue something is Illegal and the Customer is crying the blues.I was the last one to touch the equipment its my reasposiblity to make sure its up to code. The TSSA in Ontario would have a field day with you. I have No idea what it is like in the USA.
    CDNTech. I don't know how it is in Canada, but in the US, with local codes, national codes, state codes, and everything in between, it can be about as clear as mud. Our rules seem more often written by an attorney than a tradesman.

Many years ago, I served on the advisory board for one of the state governing agencies in our trade. It seemed that every month, we would have two or three agenda items related to interpretation of the code. The trade guys would read it and still not understand it. We would read it in the meeting and still not agree on what it meant. Thus the need for interpretive clarification.

I do and have done this everyday for my entire adult life. I have carried a Master Card for almost 20 years, and I still learn something new everyday.

Why the p-trap on the "positive pressure" drain?? I never p-trap a furnace.

Also I thought the true steam humidifier was supposed to be on the supply side. Won't it rust up the hx being installed in the return??
    You're only as good as your customer will allow you to be.........If they want junk, sell them junk, but make your junk look neat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superd77 View Post

Also I thought the true steam humidifier was supposed to be on the supply side. Won't it rust up the hx being installed in the return??
    Some Towns require a trap on all condensate drains. I know if your in NJ it's code everywhere

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This is just my way of doing things: I put the humidifier on the supply plenum unless it is absolutely not possible. Just my way.

Work looks nice, albeit as others said the routing of stuff is not as clean as it could be. OTOH; if we did every install as though it was the space shuttle... we would not have time to do any sales... <grin>

Your install looks as good (or maybe better) than most of mine... I tend to have too many wires and tubes running all over the place also. The customers like the fact my work rarely has any call-backs and runs without issues... I guess that is what matters.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by superd77 View Post

If you look closer, you'll see that the humidifier is mounted on the return, but the steam dispersion tube runs to the supply plenum.

Also, some coils call for being trapped even when on the supply side. If the trap is full it won't be sending supply air out your drain.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

You are correct... We do not do steam humidification much... prefer powered (fan driven) pad humidifiers.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12