Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Obama's War on School Vouchers

Obama is trying to kill Washington DC's successful school voucher program.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...EFTThirdBucket
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Obama is trying to kill Washington DC's successful school voucher program.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...EFTThirdBucket
    He's doing this in spite of the fact that public school educations cost $18,000 per year per student, and the voucher program costs $8,000.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/13/...ews.%29&utm_co
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Everybody knows that an informed, well-educated voting public spells doom for liberals and their policies. Why is this a surprise?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

This is what the dc school voucher program is creating......

thanks boner....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY

Obama would rather subsidize car buyers earning $175,000/year than kids who want to graduate from high school:
    http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/13/...bamas-america/
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Check out the obvious disinformation spewed by Rep. George Miller (D-CA) about the DC school voucher program:

http://thehayride.com/2012/02/disgus...-10000-apiece/

(Scroll down a little.)
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Newt Gingrich, at the debate in Mesa, AZ last night, on education:

KING: Mr. Speaker, on that point, this is a conversation about what is the proper role of the federal government in the education issue? To the point the governor just raised about teachers unions, you have complimented President Obama to a degree on that issue, saying he had some courage to stand up to the teachers union. You went on tour with Al Sharpton and this president's education secretary in support of the multibillion-dollar Race to the Top program that essentially -- I think they used stimulus money for it, but incentives to states, to schools that perform, and that enact reforms.

GINGRICH: What we did is we went around, including Tucson, in this state, and we talked about the importance of charter schools, which was the one area where I thought the president did in fact show some courage, being willing to go into Philadelphia or into Baltimore or in a variety of places and advocate -- we were in Montgomery, Alabama, for example -- and say charter schools are an important step in the right direction.

There are two things wrong with the president's approach. And the reason I would, frankly, dramatically shrink the Federal Department of Education down to doing nothing but research, return all the power under the Tenth Amendment back to the states.

And I agree with Rick's point. I would urge the states, then, to return most of that power back to the local communities, and I'd urge the local communities the turn most of the power back to the parents. And I think the fact is --

(APPLAUSE)

We have bought -- we bought over the last 50 years three huge mistakes. We bought the mistake that the teachers unions actually cared about the kids. It's increasingly clear they care about protecting bad teachers.

And if you look at L.A. Unified, it is almost criminal what we do to the poorest children in America, entrapping them into places. No Nation Left Behind said if a foreign power did this to our children, we'd declare it an act of war because they're doing so much damage. The second thing we bought into was the -- the whole school of education theory that you don't have to learn, you have to learn about how you would learn.

So when you finish learning about how you would learn, you have self esteem because you're told you have self esteem, even if you can't read the words self esteem. And the...

(APPLAUSE)

GINGRICH: ...and the third thing we bought, which Rick eluded to, which is really important. We bought this notion that you could have Carnegie units and you could have state standards and you could have a curriculum everybody -- every child is unique. Every teacher is unique. Teaching is a missionary vocation. When you bureaucratize it, you kill it. We need a fundamental re-thinking from the ground up.

http://www.cfr.org/us-election-2012/...cript,_-022212
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

The education issue is simple:

1) Educated folks think for themselves... and usually do not vote liberal (the exception I have seen are the ones who think they can game the system rather than do an honest day's work).

2) Obama is the president of the union vote... WAAAY too much factual and documentable information to deny it. What this means is simple: BHO will do whatever is good for the unions... regardless of whether it is good or BAD for the public... yet he will spin it into a nice package.

If we were smart... we would learn enough to see through the spin (from both parties), and make polecats responsible to US (not U S, us as in the citizens), rather than special interests.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

1) Educated folks think for themselves... and usually do not vote liberal (the exception I have seen are the ones who think they can game the system rather than do an honest day's work).

Painting with a broad brush with no factual data. I have seen data that contradicts this point of view - some of it posted in this forum.

2) Obama is the president of the union vote... WAAAY too much factual and documentable information to deny it. What this means is simple: BHO will do whatever is good for the unions... regardless of whether it is good or BAD for the public... yet he will spin it into a nice package.

And the GOP dithers between the aristocracy and theocracy and spins it to their favor to the detriment of the public.

If we were smart... we would learn enough to see through the spin (from both parties), and make polecats responsible to US (not U S, us as in the citizens), rather than special interests.
    AGREED!
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    AGREED!
    For once you agree with common sense.

If folks look at the larger picture, rather than rant about sound-bytes; they would see that regardless of which party, philosophy, or person; during the primaries and during the election are two TOTALLY different messages. Even your fearless dictator leader BHO did it in 2007-2008.

As to educated folks voting liberal... show me some facts dude. I am officially calling you out to prove your position... can you do so? Proof will show beyond any doubt that a majority of graduates of higher education vote liberal (as opposed to conservative) OVER MANY DECADES OF USA HISTORY. Facts my friend, put up the facts.

Might want to look at a bigger picture than spin there salty... you might learn something...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

For once you agree with common sense.

If folks look at the larger picture, rather than rant about sound-bytes; they would see that regardless of which party, philosophy, or person; during the primaries and during the election are two TOTALLY different messages. Even your fearless dictator leader BHO did it in 2007-2008.

As to educated folks voting liberal... show me some facts dude. I am officially calling you out to prove your position... can you do so? Proof will show beyond any doubt that a majority of graduates of higher education vote liberal (as opposed to conservative) OVER MANY DECADES OF USA HISTORY. Facts my friend, put up the facts.

Might want to look at a bigger picture than spin there salty... you might learn something...
    Tough to teach an old dog new tricks, big picture and next logical step views are my speciality. Where are your facts to prove that educated people vote conservative?
    So............ blanket statements from conservatives are accepted as fact whereas other statements are questionable - just so I understand the rules
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

Speaking of straight dope dot com...

Are blue states smarter than red states?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Tough to teach an old dog new tricks, big picture and next logical step views are my speciality. Where are your facts to prove that educated people vote conservative?
    So............ blanket statements from conservatives are accepted as fact whereas other statements are questionable - just so I understand the rules
    My case rests: As usual; liberals always dodge posting facts they KNOW do not exist.

MeThinks we should re-name the DEM party: The party of NO FACTS...

You can redeem yourself by posting facts (documentable facts)... but I doubt you will.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast