Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Everyone wants cheap gas.

Some people also want to save the planet, while others say that it doesn't matter what we do to the earth while we are here.

The oil companies just produce what we use.

The automotive companies just produce what they can run thier products on.

Everyone wants to investigate high oil prices.

But no one wants to change.

NO one in washington has any vision what so ever.

We can not have a country the size of china addicted to oil like we are. There is simply not enough to go around.

The only way to force change is to drive the price of oil up.

How much does a gallon of gas cost in china?

Gas Prices Around the World

Here you go

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...ces/price.html

Looks like Venezuela is the place we ought to be....

So they loaded up the truck and they moved to S. Americkee...

Sorry the urge just hit me.....

Edit: Sorry, just noted those were 2004 prices

[Edited by player89 on 04-26-2006 at 11:57 AM]

.14 cents a gallon in venezula

The venezualian government must be taxing cocaine instead of gasoline.

They probably just pull right up to the refinery to fill up.

When the WTO gets through blasting farm subsidies, we will have lots of corn to make ethanol from or starving farmers.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Actually ven, is the largest manufacture of ethonal thats all they use for gas

the sell the oil to other compnays to pay for anything else they need

Ethonal - it grows in the field
    Oil - grows in sand monkey land

Originally posted by outside rep

75% of brazillian cars run on ethanol distilled from sugar cane.

Too bad our government is choosing to subsidize foriegn oil instead of subsidizing farmers to grow crops which could be used to produce ethanol.

The ethanol lobby must not be able to raise enough bribe money to get our senators attention.

Originally posted by refrigeration mafia

Too bad our government is choosing to subsidize foriegn oil instead of subsidizing farmers to grow crops which could be used to produce ethanol.

The ethanol lobby must not be able to raise enough bribe money to get our senators attention.
    Farm subsidies already exist...you want to increase them, or just re-direct them so that crops are grown instead of the farmer being paid not to grow crops?

Venezuela made it a law about 20 years ago that all vehicles had to be able to burn on suger sourced ethanol. They're the world's largest producer of sugar.

We could do the same thing with corn and bring back the hugely missed family farms. Maybe we could have .14 gas, too.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

How many billions do we spend on farm subsidies?

Buy the corn and sell it to the ethanol factories real cheap. I bet Cargil could convert some of their corn sugar plants into ethanol in less than 6 months.

The government would actually spend less
    WTO and 3rd world farmer would get off our back
    Fuel prices would go down
    Cargil would make a fortune.

I can't see the down-side.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Stabilize the american family by putting the profit back into family farming.

Reduce greenhouse gas emmissions.

Secure the independance of america from foriegn influence.

Drive the economy forward.

http://www.ethanol.org/

I think what is holding ethanol back is the fact that our currency is not on the gold standard, but the oil standard. Old established oil money doesn't want to let go of the power and control that they hold over the worlds population.

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 04-28-2006 at 12:07 AM]

Stabilize the american family by putting the profit back into family farming.

Reduce greenhouse gas emmissions.

Secure the independance of america from foriegn influence.

Drive the economy forward.

http://www.ethanol.org/

I think what is holding ethanol back is the fact that our currency is not on the gold standard, but the oil standard. Old established oil money doesn't want to let go of the power and control that they hold over the worlds population.

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 04-28-2006 at 12:07 AM]
    Someone correct me, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that the reason we went off the gold standard was because the economy had grown to the point that there was no longer sufficent gold to cover the US economy, let alone the world's. So, now we are on the "paper" standard, with the debt covered by paper IOU's and other notes, with the paper shuffled as needed to make things "balance".

It is hard to fathom, but there must be some semblance of balanced accounts throughout the world economy. It is beyond my comprehension how big the economy is.

We are highly dependent on oil in this world. Take oil out, and just about everything else that is non-organic or metallic disappears, not just gas for cars, but the plastic in the cars, CD's, trash bags, clothing (polyester, nylon, all non cotton or wool), cellophane wrap,...the list goes on.

So there is a big hole to replace. I said in a post the other day, the energy policy in the government and in the American home for about 100 years has been to fill up the tank, drive until it is empty, then repeat. Until the mindset changes, it will continue to be the same. Unfortunately, higher prices are probably the only thing that will cause a change of mind. We just happen to be living in the time it is taking place, and it is our pocket books that are getting hit.

If the only alternatives are those that are fiscally responsible, then those that a physically and environmentally responsible will be pushed back.

Even Greenpeace and other environmental organizations still fly all around the world to promote their agenda...they still drive cars, use electricity, and use products generated from oil based materials. If they are going to be the examples, then they are going to have to change also.

At the rate our country is turning farmland into housing projects, it is hard to imagine a long range future for ethanol. Imagine if we were all dependent on ethanol for out transportation and then there was a 3 year drought.
    We'd be in the same boat as now.
    The answer to our near future problems is to shout down the environmental groups that prevent us from building new refineries and drilling for oil in the gulf and Anwar.

uhhhh No....

ethanol supply can be stable through PLANNING.
    i.e. provide many different sources, and ensure production is distributed amongst the US and globally.

last time I checked ethanol based raw materials can be produced in the North East, Mid-West, West, and South-West...that's one big-a$$ drought - huh controls-BOY?

...the INVERSE of the oil industry as it stands today.

Q.
    back onto the anti-environmentalist political tip?
    soooo freak'n predictable AND simplistic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast