Need opinions on Carrier Gas Furnace

I am in the process of building a new home. The builders hvac guy told me he was installing a carrier 58mvco furnace. I went to the home today and the furnace model installed is model 59tn6a. Looking at carriers website, it appears that the unit installed has a slightly better efficiency rating.

Did I get a better unit? Looking for opinions. Thanks.

The Carrier/Bryant line is in the process of changing model numbers. The furnace your installer has put in is brand new in the Carrier line-up, is a 2-stage model with a full featured variable speed blower. Overall, a very nice furnace though it's not an Infinity model but then, neither was the original quote. Be happy with the change. He's not cheating you.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

It's too bad that you didn't get a chance to upgrade to the Infinity model. Then, in the future, you could have upgraded to a Infinity zone system.

Based on Carriers site, Model 59tn6a is listed as: Infinity 96 New Edition, and Model 58mvco is listed as: Infinity ICS Modulating Gas.

It appears that these are both from the Infinity series. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepgrady View Post
    Based on Carriers site, Model 59tn6a is listed as: Infinity 96 New Edition, and Model 58mvco is listed as: Infinity ICS Modulating Gas.

It appears that these are both from the Infinity series. Am I missing something?
    I'm not fimiliar with the new model numbers. If it is the Infinity, then that's great.

Note: Carrier used to make 2 differant controlers. The "base' Infinity control, not compatiable with zoning, or the Infinity control for zoning.

Any other opinions?

is the infinity control being included ? if not id add it to get the full benefits of the system