Aprilaire Steam humidifier Problem

I live in Lone Tree, CO. I had the humidifier installed about 4 months ago. I get this yellow/brown sand/silt buildup in the canister and it starts to overflow after a couple months. I've cleaned it twice now and reinstalled the canister and seems to work, but I'd like to know if there is a sand/silt filter/trap that can be installed up line to help this problem.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-18-2012 at 05:04 PM.

You might have very hard water. What you're most likely seeing is the result of water evaporating and leaving behind minerals deposits that are liquid in water but precipitate out as the water is heated. The only solution if that's the case is a water softener. If you've got a Krystal Klear dealer in your area you could have a descaler installed that would cure the problem.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

turfguy1969

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.