View Poll Results: Between Santorum and Obama, would you vote;

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Santorum, because he will be good for the nation

    10 34.48%
  • Santorum, because anyone has to be better then Obama

    14 48.28%
  • Santorum, because I'm Catholic

    1 3.45%
  • Obama, because I don't like Santorum's social opinions

    1 3.45%
  • Obama, because Santorum may make me be responsible for myself

    1 3.45%
  • Obama, because I am a hopeless Socialist who needs to be cared for

    2 6.90%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 44

Thread: Santorum poll:

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Float'N Vally, MS
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Time will tell. But I want to say again, I dont think
    Santorum
    Obama will get the nomination any way.

    Sounds familiar....
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post

    Only ONE canidate was worth MY vote. He was overwhelmingly rejected. Hmmm, I wonder if HIS supporters will do as I am going to.....
    Not sure but it sounds like your candidate was Ron Paul. I am 1000% behind his fiscal policy but his isolationist and weak military posture scare too many people. I didn't agree with Iraq but did agree with Afghanistan but our inept leaders didn't have a plan for after the victory. Our military is now tasked with nation-building for a bunch of 5th century savages instead of doing what the military is supposed to do---break and destroy stuff and make the enemy wish they were never born.

    Most of our leftist leaders have never worn the uniform, despise our military and then whine when our guys do what guys do when engaged in mortal combat...kill, maim and take pride when they live and the enemy dies.

    I do believe some of this century's wars have been "optional" and ill-conceived but a vote for KO will only put us one swirl closer to the final flush down the drain.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    What an interesting array of votes. I honestly did not expect to see anyone saying they would vote for Obama because they don't like Santorum's personal convictions or for Santorum because he is Catholic.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    378
    Would vote for Elmer Fudd before voting for Obama.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    Not sure but it sounds like your candidate was Ron Paul. I am 1000% behind his fiscal policy but his isolationist and weak military posture scare too many people. I didn't agree with Iraq but did agree with Afghanistan but our inept leaders didn't have a plan for after the victory. Our military is now tasked with nation-building for a bunch of 5th century savages instead of doing what the military is supposed to do---break and destroy stuff and make the enemy wish they were never born.

    Most of our leftist leaders have never worn the uniform, despise our military and then whine when our guys do what guys do when engaged in mortal combat...kill, maim and take pride when they live and the enemy dies.

    I do believe some of this century's wars have been "optional" and ill-conceived but a vote for KO will only put us one swirl closer to the final flush down the drain.
    Yes, Paul is my canidate.

    I don't belive Paul is weak on forgein policy. Matter of fact, I think he is pretty bright. How would WE as a country, react if China, Vietnam, Russia, Iraq, Iran, ect, all decided they were going to build bases here? Why is it OUR job to be the world's nanny? Why are WE spending money and risking the lives of our people, to play arbitrator between playground disagreements?

    How offended would we be and how ready for a fight would we as a country be, IF other countries dealt with us, like we have others?

    We as a counrty, are to be a NEUTRAL as we can be. A national "interest" is something along the lines of saftey within our borders, or stopping a declared war from breeching our shorelines. NOT telling who can have what (nukes), or who will be forced to sell us a product, or who will be forced to buy our crap.

    Are we to be the BULLY or set the EXAMPLE?

    DECLARING a war and beating the enemy into oblivion is fine with me. Peace keeping or "operation" this or that, is nothing but bullying. That makes US a threat to others. How long would you let the bully punch you in the nose and steal your milk money before you retailiated?

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Oh, I think we "get it" very well. You are a Socialist Democrat and you have cast your vote. Thank you for your participation. Now go sit back and wait for someone to provide your life to you.
    Typical socialist/progressive tactic.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,598
    I don't particularly like Ron Paul.
    Nor do I like Santorum.
    I like Gingrich, but I don't agree with a lot of his ideas and I don't trust him.

    But it's not about like.

    A conservative president will sign way more conservative bills than Obama would.

    For the sake of argument, let's say I totally agree with Ron Paul on 70% of the issues. I agree with Santorum on 60%. I agree with Gingrich and Romney on 50%. I agree with Obama on 20%.

    But I don't like Ron Paul. I don't like Santorum. I like Gingrich and Romney. Obama scares the chitlins out of me, so like doesn't enter into the picture.

    What is this, a popularity contest?

    If Ron Paul isn't the contender, by God I'll vote for Santorum.

    There's no such thing as a perfect candidate. And no matter how good the president is, he isn't the one who will change things. Congress is.

    Yeah, he'll have a lot of sway during the first 100 days. After that, it's on Congress. Yeah, he'll have some international influence. So what?

    We're heading for the gallows. We're walking in Greece's footsteps. And 45% of our population wants to keep it this way!

    Let's install a Congress that will get the job done, and let's elect a president who will sign the freakin bills.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,413
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Yes, Paul is my canidate.

    I don't belive Paul is weak on forgein policy. Matter of fact, I think he is pretty bright. How would WE as a country, react if China, Vietnam, Russia, Iraq, Iran, ect, all decided they were going to build bases here? Why is it OUR job to be the world's nanny? Why are WE spending money and risking the lives of our people, to play arbitrator between playground disagreements?

    How offended would we be and how ready for a fight would we as a country be, IF other countries dealt with us, like we have others?

    We as a counrty, are to be a NEUTRAL as we can be. A national "interest" is something along the lines of saftey within our borders, or stopping a declared war from breeching our shorelines. NOT telling who can have what (nukes), or who will be forced to sell us a product, or who will be forced to buy our crap.

    Are we to be the BULLY or set the EXAMPLE?

    DECLARING a war and beating the enemy into oblivion is fine with me. Peace keeping or "operation" this or that, is nothing but bullying. That makes US a threat to others. How long would you let the bully punch you in the nose and steal your milk money before you retailiated?
    The answer to your rant is simple: The world is NOT a fair place.

    Either one of two things WILL happen:
    The USA spreads its influence abroad, or
    The forces which would destroy the USA spread their influences abroad.
    Like a playground bully... either you keep him in check... or you end up his victim... there is NO other choice.

    To think we can hide from the world is just naive... and a good way to end up loosing the freedom many folks died to give our country.

    I will say this again: ISOLATIONISM does NOT work... which is what Ron Paul is preaching. Sorry if folks do not like the truth... but it does not change the truth.

    Now I have a question for you: Are you better off than you were in Jan of 2009 when BHO was put in office? If the answer is yes, then you should vote for BHO. However if the answer is NO, then to not actively vote FOR the GOP candidate--regardless of who it is (for ANY reason, including WAAAAAH, my candidate did not get the nomination, so I will show them by voting for the idiot from Kenya)... is a vote for MORE of what we have had for the last 3 years.

    I think a grade-schooler could see that ANY of the 4 remaining GOP candidates would be a HUGE amount better than 4 more years of BHO... It amazes me adults are not as smart as grade-schoolers.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,051
    Hmm, over 200 views of the poll so far.

    21 bothered to vote and 4 of them appear to be informal.

    I wonder if anything can be gleaned from this...

    Probably not.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    Hmm, over 200 views of the poll so far.

    21 bothered to vote and 4 of them appear to be informal.

    I wonder if anything can be gleaned from this...

    Probably not.
    Actually, I think you have hit on something...
    Seems the same apathy we see at the 'real' poles in the USA... most elections less than 1/2 the registered voters actually vote.

    I guess they do not care how badly they get ripped off...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Yes, Paul is my canidate.

    I don't belive Paul is weak on forgein policy. Matter of fact, I think he is pretty bright. How would WE as a country, react if China, Vietnam, Russia, Iraq, Iran, ect, all decided they were going to build bases here? Why is it OUR job to be the world's nanny? Why are WE spending money and risking the lives of our people, to play arbitrator between playground disagreements?

    How offended would we be and how ready for a fight would we as a country be, IF other countries dealt with us, like we have others?

    We as a counrty, are to be a NEUTRAL as we can be. A national "interest" is something along the lines of saftey within our borders, or stopping a declared war from breeching our shorelines. NOT telling who can have what (nukes), or who will be forced to sell us a product, or who will be forced to buy our crap.

    Are we to be the BULLY or set the EXAMPLE?

    DECLARING a war and beating the enemy into oblivion is fine with me. Peace keeping or "operation" this or that, is nothing but bullying. That makes US a threat to others. How long would you let the bully punch you in the nose and steal your milk money before you retailiated?
    Do you not think it a bit ironic that you support Ron Paul and call others racist?

    If Ron Paul got the Republican nomination, I would vote for him. But you are a sore loser....or maybe just a loser, who would vote for the man who Ron Paul opposes more then anyone just because you didn't get your way. That's just pathetic.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Typical socialist/progressive tactic.
    That's what I said; you are a typical Socialist/Progressive. Glad to see you at least admit it.

    So, where did you camp out as an Occupier?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    I don't particularly like Ron Paul.
    Nor do I like Santorum.
    I like Gingrich, but I don't agree with a lot of his ideas and I don't trust him.

    But it's not about like.

    A conservative president will sign way more conservative bills than Obama would.

    For the sake of argument, let's say I totally agree with Ron Paul on 70% of the issues. I agree with Santorum on 60%. I agree with Gingrich and Romney on 50%. I agree with Obama on 20%.

    But I don't like Ron Paul. I don't like Santorum. I like Gingrich and Romney. Obama scares the chitlins out of me, so like doesn't enter into the picture.

    What is this, a popularity contest?

    If Ron Paul isn't the contender, by God I'll vote for Santorum.

    There's no such thing as a perfect candidate. And no matter how good the president is, he isn't the one who will change things. Congress is.

    Yeah, he'll have a lot of sway during the first 100 days. After that, it's on Congress. Yeah, he'll have some international influence. So what?

    We're heading for the gallows. We're walking in Greece's footsteps. And 45% of our population wants to keep it this way!

    Let's install a Congress that will get the job done, and let's elect a president who will sign the freakin bills.
    I thought I used to disagree with you. I must be thinking of someone else because I have found your posts lately to be very concisely on the mark.

    There are 27 job bills sitting in Congress, ready for Obama to sign them. 27 ways to get Americans working. Yet Obama will not even acknowledge any of these bills. All Obama and the media dwell on is what Obama wants, and what Obama wants is not good for anyone.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event