View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    I'll agree to a point. The diff between a/c units is minimal especially your 'standard' models unless you start getting into the tinsel fin condensors. I handled Amana solely when part of Raytheon until they began being sold and cheapened.

I find far more differences in reliability and quality of heating equipment vs air conditioning.
    Yes, the AC side is, for the most part, standardized. With furnaces, however, other than an Emerson control board, manufactures have a little more liberty to design and manufacture them as they see fit.

I will also concede that Goodman/Amana probably wouldn't win any best of the best competition.

I see it more of as a value based question.

You can have 95% of the functionality, at 30% of the cost. To go that extra 5%, you double or triple your cost and I cannot recommend that for your average user.

Corvette vs Ferrari.

Furthermore, Amana/Goodmans new 96% modulating furnaces are very nice and they are covered by an equally nice warranty.

The heat exchangers are warranted for the original owners lifetime and everything else is warranted for 10 years (non transferable). For a little extra, you can bump that up to a transferable 10 year parts and 10 year labor.

That is, however, just my two cents.

Tony

Goodman only here also. Pricing is great and never ever ever have I had one problem with a warranty part. Not that I have had to do many at all. Filters are all Emerson valves are just better. Some Parker stuff but mainly service valves and comm. valve stuff. But honestly parts brands are a smorgasbord in the two trucks.

I sold Goodman for a few years..... I am quite relieved i do not sell it any more....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    I sold Goodman for a few years..... I am quite relieved i do not sell it any more....
    I have never had a problem with them at all and they have come a long way, even in the past 2 to 3 years.

You cannot beat the 10 year warranty and the price is right.

Their Amana line is a little nicer and the warranty work is a lot easier. If a compressor goes on a condensing unit, you do not have to pull the compressor. They replace the whole unit with a new one.

Just in the past year with the draw down of R-22 equipment, all residential A/C equipment is 95% the same.

That is, just my two cents though.

Tony

Goodman and Amana

woodbury - You do not have permission to advertise your business. You must become a Pro Member first.

Thank you,

Mod Team
    Last edited by k-fridge; 09-17-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Remove link to business

I though you couldn't get R22 as a whole system anymore. the company I work won't install R22.

Quote Originally Posted by calubeda View Post
    I though you couldn't get R22 as a whole system anymore. the company I work won't install R22.
    You are correct. R22 condensing units are basically a part replacement and if you replace a coil for a R22 system you actually buy a R410 coil and convert it to R22 by changing the metering device.

Unfortunately, your company is losing out on making money and having a potential future customer for a new system using whatever refrigerant we will be using in the future by not installing R22 dry units for consumers who want them.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by atoreson View Post
    I have never had a problem with them at all and they have come a long way, even in the past 2 to 3 years.

You cannot beat the 10 year warranty and the price is right.

Their Amana line is a little nicer and the warranty work is a lot easier. If a compressor goes on a condensing unit, you do not have to pull the compressor. They replace the whole unit with a new one.

Just in the past year with the draw down of R-22 equipment, all residential A/C equipment is 95% the same.

That is, just my two cents though.

Tony
    We see a lot of Goodman, and I think they get a bit of a bad rap. The manufacturing does not seem as solid and they don't seem to last as long. But then again, that could be good for business (just kidding)...

I don't own a company but if I did I wouldn't deal goodman mainly because of its availability for anyone to get. Home owners can get on the internet and find the exact model you just bid to install and then question your pricing or ask if they order the equipment how much to install. Just a road I wouldn't always want to go down. Cheap equipment attracts cheap customers. Maybe I'm wrong though, just a thought.

Goodman

I have to say that having worked with the Rheem/Ruud lines recently, I am not impressed with the way some of the issues are being addressed by the manufacturer.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hello RoBoTeq,

I mostly deal Rheem/Ruud and haven't seen many problems. Can you elaborate?

Rheem,goodman,American standard depends on budget

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast