View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Curiosity Question On Brands You Carry

Post Likes

Curiosity Question On Brands You Carry

Would you guys mind answering this poll? I'm doing some off-the-cuff research on the brands that HVAC-Talk.com members carry in their businesses.

Post Likes
    I Voted!!!!

Post Likes
    In order of preference....American Standard, Tappan, Rheem, ICP....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    QUALITY, availability, support, market saturation, brand recognition and incentives. These are some of the factors I consider when beginning a "Branded" dealer.

Post Likes
    You left off the Allied brands of Lennox. Armstrong, Ducane, Air Ease, Concord, AireFlo.

6. Likes snowbird225, Tony60 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    MOST manufactures produce quality equipment that will give your customers years of efficient service There are some that are a little less desirable, but theres a market for those brands also. Being said that, they ALL manufacture different levels of quality. THEY ALL have had issues with certain parts, or components that do not hold up industry standards. I can only think of a few that I would not offer as a viable option to my customers. JMO..

Post Likes
    Thread relocated to Tech to Tech Residential

Carry on

Post Likes
    Voted................Big Giant Dave Lennox fan here! That is all I sell, I have no second line, I do not need a second line for residential.

I do on occasion sell about 5-6 York rooftops a year. Oh yea, that's what I have on the roof of my building! :grin:

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    In order of preference....American Standard, Tappan, Rheem, ICP....
    Am STD is your favorite??? I just lost all confidence in you!!!

Just kidding, that was our main line until a year ago. We sold hundreds if not thousands of the AUY and AUH2. Good solid equipment, the support has been lacking from our distributor, so when Lennox came looking for another dealer we signed up as a Premier dealer and the support has been vastly superior to the local Am St distributor. Now we sell almost exclusively Lennox.

Post Likes
    The poll is not looking so good for Lennox, perhaps Bob needs to edit the poll?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post

You know something, us Mods have had a blast doing that, but I somehow guess that if I do that to the O/P I might end up banned.

We should sanction him for posting in the wrong forum for starters..........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Lennox is up to 6. All Bob's?

I'da thought ICP would be doing better. Sounds like hvacprodmgr has his work cut out for him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

I'da thought ICP would be doing better. Sounds like hvacprodmgr has his work cut out for him.
    You can only vote once John, and as you can see I have not done an edit on the poll. Yet!

Post Likes
    You left off the Allied brands of Lennox. Armstrong, Ducane, Air Ease, Concord, AireFlo.
    Keep the record straight, the Allied Brands of Lennox International.

Post Likes
    Yea, but the line between Lennox products and Allied products are blurring, just like Carrier & ICP. They are even using the same factories. I'm sure Allied will never get the high end of stuff, besides the mod furnace, but... at least it has opened up a non dealer getting affordable Lennox parts.

Post Likes
    We have sold Heil exclusively for about 10 years now.
    Started seeing a lot of evap coil leaks this summer on coils right at the 5 year old mark. Also change an occasional heat exchanger on the first furnaces we installed right around 10-11 years ago. Other than that, no complaints really.

The new line of furnaces are starting to mirror some Carrier stuff. Also have the same control set-up in the AC and Heat pumps.

Post Likes

Are distributors allowed to vote ??

Post Likes
    Carrier and their affiliates here. Used to work for a Trane dealer and another Carrier dealer as well. Brands don't make a difference to me (as long as its not goodman :lol: ) a good install goes a long way.

Post Likes
    Lennox & Friedrich.

Post Likes

Best Equipment?

Over the years I have sold most brands. In a really competitive market I have, in the past, sold some of the cheaper brands, in a rural area, such as I operate a business in now, I opt for the better equipment. Better for your reputation and ease of mind. In the long run better for your customers. Most all dealers in this area have abandoned their better brands and have all been selling the cheapest thing on the market. And really it is not that much cheaper. And you WILL be back more. There are other brands I do not like to sell, some tie the homeowner to the them with specialty parts, some want to run your business, but reliability and performance at a reasonable price is key to me. I use Rheem with almost no problems. Sometimes you get what you pay for but remember, the homeowners are relying on you to sell them a good, reliable product they can expect to last for the intended period. I hate to hear, and I have, "you sold me a piece of junk". We don't get every bid, thank goodness!

22. Likes vakeseF liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in