View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    As a new indpendend installer I am limited to goodman as Jhonstone is the only supply house I have found

Quote Originally Posted by para595 View Post
    As a new independent installer I am limited to goodman as Jhonstone is the only supply house I have found
    couldn't figure out how to edit

No one here likes Payne or has any feelings about them? I know they only have basic 13 SEER equipment now, but most people don't need anything more.

I personally love how easy they are to install. Lots of adjustability like the carrier/Bryant's they are based on. Have installed at least 80-100 systems in the past few years for clients who don't want to pay for their big brothers and have had absolutely 0 call backs.

The 16 SEER unit they use to make was an unbelievable value. Don't forget to put a sound blanket on the cheaper systems no matter what the manufacturer. They help a lot for very little money.

We use Payne some, mostly 15 SEER. Very little trouble with that brand. The 13 SEER Carrier heat pump is cheaper than the Payne though.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

For ducted systems, I have installed mostly Ruud, but also ComfortAire, ThermoPride, York, Carrier, Frigidaire, etc…. For ductless, I have installed Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, Sanyo, etc…, along with a cheap Chinese brand my neighbor bought off eBay. For boilers, I have installed Buderus, Veissmann, Triangle Tube, Weil-McLain, Smith, Peerless, Navien, Monitor FCX, Rinnai, etc…. For indirect water heaters, i have installed Thermoflo, Triangle Tube, Buderus, etc…

Rheem, simple. Goodman, price but only with cust. approval. Carrier, when I hate myself.

Gotta havva rheem!

We've been a York dealer for 30 years, before that carrier. We have drifted from time to time because of sucky distributers but for the most part 75-85% York and 10-15% various nordyne products and a little but of goodman.

We are an American Standard comfort care dealer and between AS and Trane I truely believe they're the best.... This is obviously an opinion but there are rather large statistics to back up my opinion. I do not sell any other brands of actual heating and cooling equipment. Mini split systems: Fujitsu

We sell in order Trane, Lennox, Rheem, Goodman, then in desperation, ICP, and in extreme desperation Nordyne products.

Every company I have worked for has been Carrier, Bryant, then Comfortmaker. Boilers Weil- McLain and Columbia

Trane, Lennox and sometimes Amana

American Standard, Payne.
    Up here you must buy into the advertising for Bryant or Trane.
    We are primarily a commercial, industrial contractor so residential is a tiny part of our business.
    As far as rooftop units go Trane, Carrier, York is my order preference.

Lennox is dead last for me.
    They want to sell parts to non Lennox contractors for full list so they can keep their parts.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast