View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Trane mostly

Day & Night(ICP) on budget jobs

I personally hate goodman

i question why american standard and trane are listed seperatly while goodman/amana and all of nordyne brands are grouped together. am. std. and trane have same model numbers theres no difference in brands at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinAdv View Post
    Trane mostly

Day & Night(ICP) on budget jobs

I personally hate goodman
    So, with Goodman being the most installed residential brand, how do you react to when you are needed to service a Goodman system? Do you inform the consumer that you "hate" their units?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by nc comfort View Post
    i question why american standard and trane are listed seperatly while goodman/amana and all of nordyne brands are grouped together. am. std. and trane have same model numbers theres no difference in brands at all.
    It likely has to do with grouping stuff so there is a significant market share reflected in the pole.
    Nordyne has like 14 different brands, none of them have enough market share by themselves to be significant in the pole, but grouping them together shows how strong Nordyne is.

Also, you can't be both a Trane and an American Standard dealer, it is either one or the other.
    You can be a dealer for as many brands of Nordyne equipment as you care to do the paperwork at the supply houses that carry them.
    With Goodmana, signing up as a dealer for one automatically makes you a dealer for both.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Personally I find goodman has a very nice furnace,except their flame sensor tends to need a to be cleaned every year.i had to clean one of their flame sensors twice this year.once on a pm and once 3 months later on a no heat.some years back before they bought Amanda they had quite a bit of problems with heat exchangers but they are good now. I also don't care for their txv's as they have to be adjusted on every new system,but they are easy to replace as they are externally mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, with Goodman being the most installed residential brand, how do you react to when you are needed to service a Goodman system? Do you inform the consumer that you "hate" their units?
    He didn't say goodman equipment. He said goodman. Sounded personal. Maybe it's because goodman appears to have driven drunk, killed a guy and adopted his fiancee'.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    He didn't say goodman equipment. He said goodman. Sounded personal. Maybe it's because goodman appears to have driven drunk, killed a guy and adopted his fiancee'.
    Yea, it's kinda easy to not very much like John Goodman (not the actor) for the way he has been behaving lately. Of course, John Goodman (not the actor) has not had anything to do with Goodman HVAC equipment for a while now.

Yeah. Except.......spend the money!

I usually carry Ruger but have at times used Smith,Colt,Beretta
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Amana when it was top o the line before it got sold and resold. Now Ruud.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    No I don't say anything but I have had to straighten a lot of fins of the condensers because there own coil guards rub on the coils and there air handler doors screws come stripped out from the factory. Oh yeah and taking the top off a package unit to inspect the coil and it pretty much falls apart.

But if they ask me my opinion of goodman I am not going to tell them its a quality product.

The components are okay but they are made of the thinnest metal and just thrown together. I also don't know why you would want a unit that still has a piston MD. In our market you get a goodman because A thats what the builder used or B you want it done cheap.

There are plenty of Hvac companys that will do it cheap. But we take the time to do it right and make sure the duct system is right for the system and the equipment is the right size for the house

For people who cant afford a trane we offer ICP my only complaints with those is the coil guards rattle on the package units.

Also I just tuned up goodman yesterday when I was done she was running like a champ the original "quality" installer never bothered to add any refrigerant for the 60' line set

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Amana when it was top o the line before it got sold and resold. Now Ruud.
    Amana was only ever sold to Goodman.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast