Curiosity Question On Brands You Carry - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    You left off the Allied brands of Lennox. Armstrong, Ducane, Air Ease, Concord, AireFlo.
    Keep the record straight, the Allied Brands of Lennox International.

Yea, but the line between Lennox products and Allied products are blurring, just like Carrier & ICP. They are even using the same factories. I'm sure Allied will never get the high end of stuff, besides the mod furnace, but... at least it has opened up a non dealer getting affordable Lennox parts.

We have sold Heil exclusively for about 10 years now.
    Started seeing a lot of evap coil leaks this summer on coils right at the 5 year old mark. Also change an occasional heat exchanger on the first furnaces we installed right around 10-11 years ago. Other than that, no complaints really.

The new line of furnaces are starting to mirror some Carrier stuff. Also have the same control set-up in the AC and Heat pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Lennox is up to 6. All Bob's?

I'da thought ICP would be doing better. Sounds like hvacprodmgr has his work cut out for him.
    Are distributors allowed to vote ??

Carrier and their affiliates here. Used to work for a Trane dealer and another Carrier dealer as well. Brands don't make a difference to me (as long as its not goodman :lol: ) a good install goes a long way.

Lennox & Friedrich.

Best Equipment?

Over the years I have sold most brands. In a really competitive market I have, in the past, sold some of the cheaper brands, in a rural area, such as I operate a business in now, I opt for the better equipment. Better for your reputation and ease of mind. In the long run better for your customers. Most all dealers in this area have abandoned their better brands and have all been selling the cheapest thing on the market. And really it is not that much cheaper. And you WILL be back more. There are other brands I do not like to sell, some tie the homeowner to the them with specialty parts, some want to run your business, but reliability and performance at a reasonable price is key to me. I use Rheem with almost no problems. Sometimes you get what you pay for but remember, the homeowners are relying on you to sell them a good, reliable product they can expect to last for the intended period. I hate to hear, and I have, "you sold me a piece of junk". We don't get every bid, thank goodness!

i agree on the call backs. One company i worked for we had alot of call backs on Goodmans that were <2 years old, most calls we've have on carriers or trane's were mostly older units that were still going strong, they just needed wear and tear repairs like contactors, capacitors, refrigerant charge etc.

There seems to be alot of goodman/amana dealers here for the number of guys that bash them.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

heaterman is offline AOP Committee/Professional Member*
    Luxaire/Coleman (york), Allied (Ducane), some Rheem
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Trane mostly, some Goodman(I don't have a problem with Goodman and consider it a good product but EVERYBODY in DFW sells it). I have been considering Tappan in place of Goodman through Standard Supply but not sold on it yet. Anyone have any feedback on Tappan?
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Quote Originally Posted by Soil Sampler View Post
    Trane mostly, some Goodman(I don't have a problem with Goodman and consider it a good product but EVERYBODY in DFW sells it). I have been considering Tappan in place of Goodman through Standard Supply but not sold on it yet. Anyone have any feedback on Tappan?
    American Standard from Aces is our top line, followed by Tappan from Standard. Both great distributors who are well stocked, and provide great support. Tappan in nice stuff, and is recognized name with th 50+ crowd.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

I note there are no boiler in the survey and the only forced air i do is air handlers off boilers. Are we that rare outside the big cities?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast