Post Likes

407 2 ton question

72 low 46 temp .5 SH. 253 high 97 temp 11.4 SC ODDB 95.5
    supply 61 return 77 wb 66 RH 51%
    GAW14L24 407c
    Is that operating like it should for those temps? It took apartment 1 hr 15min to cool 80 down to 76. SH was .5- 2 whole time i was charging. Charged according to specs on panel. How much affect will having improper sized suction line. This unit wants 3/4 i only have 5/8.

Post Likes
    What do you think it is?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunp45 View Post
    72 low 46 temp .5 SH. 253 high 97 temp 11.4 SC ODDB 95.5
    supply 61 return 77 wb 66 RH 51%
    GAW14L24 407c
    Is that operating like it should for those temps? It took apartment 1 hr 15min to cool 80 down to 76. SH was .5- 2 whole time i was charging. Charged according to specs on panel. How much affect will having improper sized suction line. This unit wants 3/4 i only have 5/8.
    Something is amiss with the numbers you posted. A 97* condenser with 11.4* subcooling gives you an 85.6* liquid line. You cannot have a liquid line that is colder than the outdoor temperature (95.5) without a restriction causing a pressure/temperature drop. Other causes could be the liquid line being cooled by water dripping on it or still wet from a recent cleaning.

I plugged your data into my analyzer. The refrigerant 407 doesn't matter if using saturation temperatures.

Use this link to check your linrset size: http://efficientcomfort.net/asp/LineSetCalc_Web/LineSetCalc_Web.asp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by penderway View Post
    Something is amiss with the numbers you posted. A 97* condenser with 11.4* subcooling gives you an 85.6* liquid line. You cannot have a liquid line that is colder than the outdoor temperature (95.5) without a restriction causing a pressure/temperature drop. Other causes could be the liquid line being cooled by water dripping on it or still wet from a recent cleaning.

I plugged your data into my analyzer. The refrigerant 407 doesn't matter if using saturation temperatures.

Use this link to check your linrset size: http://efficientcomfort.net/asp/LineSetCalc_Web/LineSetCalc_Web.asp
    Thank vary much for your info. its vary helpful. I will go back and check around again for temp drop near meter or maybe after it. This unit is vary confusing to me.