Thread: Thermostat that runs fan 10 minutes every hour

Post Likes
    Most thermostats run the fan either in auto mode or an on all the time mode.

Is there a thermostat that runs the fan at predetermined intervals even if the hvac is not called for?

I have a 1st floor basement duplex condo where a temperture differnce develops between the floors if the unit is warm enough where the heat is not called for over the course of a few hours.

If the heat is called for the condo heats to a uniform temperture, however if it is 74 upstairs the downstairs sits a few degrees lower which gives the unit a real basement feel when you walk down the stairs. Both floors are above the temperture where I would call for heat it is just an issue of the temperture differnce which is annoying.

Is there a thermostat that can be configured to turn the fan on automaticly at certain intervals even if heat is not called for? Say maybe 10 minutes out of every hour?

When I ran the fan 24-7 temperature wise everything was good but I dont think I need run it that much.

Post Likes
    I believe the VisionPro has a circ fan feature, although I've never used it.I'll see if I can find out on their website.....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    All of the Honeywell chronotherm models (including the Vision Pro) allow fan-only operation.

Post Likes
    They sell a control for ventilation- air cycler

Post Likes
    Install a Ceiling Fan.

Post Likes
    The VP runs the fan randomly 20 minutes an hour. The Totaltouch runs it that way as well though don't recall the pattern. Maybe a few minutes here & there. I can't hear it so I don't know it's on!

Post Likes
    I have a VisionPro 8320, and it does in fact have a "circ" function which will cycle the fan on and off independent of a call for heat/cool. I don't know exactly the intervals, but it seems to split the difference between the auto and on settings.

Post Likes
    Totaline also makes stats with programable fan-only settings for so many min. per hour. Lots of other goodies too.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Post Likes
    Check out Robertshaw thermostats. I have one (have yet to hook it up) and really like the feature of being able to program it to run at any interval I select, be it, 5 minutes on every 55 off, or 10 on 50 off, 10 on 30 off,etc, between cycles.
    XXXXXXXXXXXX has info on Robertshaw themostats (along with White-Rodgers, Honeywell) with manuals that can be viewed online.

>>>edit... removed DIY link

[Edited by Jultzya on 04-25-2006 at 05:02 PM]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in