+ Reply to Thread

Thread: But how?

Post Likes

But how?

Had a call at an aprtment building, went around back to the c/u and found this jem!

Post Likes
    I bet it wont last long!!

The compressor must love that.

Post Likes
    I had a call like that.10 or 15 ton carrier package w/remote Cond.Compressor was a no pump,they mounted the vertical Cond. Horizontal!

Post Likes

THATS GREAT

40 years, believe me I have seen some CRAZY THINGS!!!

Post Likes
    Gotta love those Apt. calls...
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes

I don't understand

I've seen these before, it's a window shaker, right. Basically a heat pump appliance, plugs into 115v outlet. Did they expect you to repair it? Was it hooked into another piece of equipment? I've seen them used as supplemental cooling for an addition or some other home owner DIY solution, as far as I know they are an appliance and don't adhere to the same rules as "normal" systems they still sell 8 seer or something ridiculous like that. What is the problem with this one or maybe what were they fixing with it.

Post Likes
    If all else fails, try reading the manual.

Post Likes

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by shavedneon View Post
    I've seen these before, it's a window shaker, right. Basically a heat pump appliance, plugs into 115v outlet. Did they expect you to repair it? Was it hooked into another piece of equipment? I've seen them used as supplemental cooling for an addition or some other home owner DIY solution, as far as I know they are an appliance and don't adhere to the same rules as "normal" systems they still sell 8 seer or something ridiculous like that. What is the problem with this one or maybe what were they fixing with it.
    this is a small a/c window unit, It has one acceptable mounting position and that is FLAT! I was there to check the a/c for the upstairs tenant and this was hanging out of the wall running. It looked like it was a few months old? It still baffles me as to how it lasted a week with the comp sitting 90 degrees off and the oil migration that HAS to be occuring in tidal waves. How is this catching condensate? usually there is slinger on the cond fan to splah this condensate on the condensor. I really want to go back just to ask the tenant if i can examine the dang thing..

Post Likes
    Compressor can not enjoy that....the refrigerant pressures would go nuts...a lot of window units have a hard enough time draining condensate when they are installed correctly...so where is the condensate draining here if it's draining at all.

Post Likes
    .....they're just using it for a fan...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=GAacTech;12494561 I really want to go back just to ask the tenant if i can examine the dang thing..[/QUOTE]

Please Please DO ! I want the whole story.

Post Likes
    The casement window AC units cost 3x as much...

Post Likes
    when it craps out they will return it for warranty

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in