Texas Union

Thread: Texas Union

Texas Union

I maybe moving to Houston soon and the trade down there seems to be different than anywhere else i have worked . I have a TACL and I am very happy i passed that test lol . It seems like most of the places to work in Houston requier a journeymans lic and if you want to do Facilities you need a engineers lic . Can you give me any insite on the Journeymans test in Texas ? thanks .
    An air conditioning or refrigeration unit never signs a check for me! PEOPLE do that,and you should never allow yourself to forget that WE fix the problems of people,not machines.They are at the heart of our business,one way or another,and polishing the skills required to provide solid customer service will never be a waste of your time

Believe it or not, but El Paso's Union beginning wage is the highest in the state of Texas including Houston. There's no TX state journeyman examination, I don't know if the city of Houston or the county of Harris have one tho. There's a TX state ACR Tech Certification & TX state ACR Tech Registration, but if you have a TX state ACR Contractors License then that overrides the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    I maybe moving to Houston soon and the trade down there seems to be different than anywhere else i have worked . I have a TACL and I am very happy i passed that test lol . It seems like most of the places to work in Houston requier a journeymans lic and if you want to do Facilities you need a engineers lic . Can you give me any insite on the Journeymans test in Texas ? thanks .
    NATE is a place to start .....