Converting propane to NG

Converting a customer from oil to NG,they want to convert 2 propane fireplaces to NG at the same time. #1 is a Superior GRDE8043N #2 is a GTI 8000GDV-HSI
    I can't find any manuals online,I assume these are discontinued. Any problem with just getting a NG gas valve and changing that?

Contact your local Lennox hearth dealer for parts and support for the Superior fireplace as Lennox bought them out.

Contact Heat&Glo or your local FireSide Hearth&Home and HG built those 8000s. The DSI may be a little bit of a problem as they have changed the control modules a few times. Provide the 4 digit date code to the right of the serial # to tech services to be sure of the correct componets.

HTH,

You cant just change the valves, orifices also need to be changed. Most manufacturers offer conversion kits.

Thanks vader, I overlooked his last question. In the case of the hg 8000, you're changing the burner, gas regulator and possibly the burner tube itself. I see you say it is a Hot Surface Igniter, which is rare with HG. Most of their electronic ignitions went from Direct Spark Ignition to Intermittent Pilot Ignition.