Post Likes

Converting propane to NG

Converting a customer from oil to NG,they want to convert 2 propane fireplaces to NG at the same time. #1 is a Superior GRDE8043N #2 is a GTI 8000GDV-HSI
    I can't find any manuals online,I assume these are discontinued. Any problem with just getting a NG gas valve and changing that?

Post Likes
    Contact your local Lennox hearth dealer for parts and support for the Superior fireplace as Lennox bought them out.

Contact Heat&Glo or your local FireSide Hearth&Home and HG built those 8000s. The DSI may be a little bit of a problem as they have changed the control modules a few times. Provide the 4 digit date code to the right of the serial # to tech services to be sure of the correct componets.

HTH,

Post Likes
    You cant just change the valves, orifices also need to be changed. Most manufacturers offer conversion kits.

Post Likes
    Thanks vader, I overlooked his last question. In the case of the hg 8000, you're changing the burner, gas regulator and possibly the burner tube itself. I see you say it is a Hot Surface Igniter, which is rare with HG. Most of their electronic ignitions went from Direct Spark Ignition to Intermittent Pilot Ignition.