Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I think he said catchup was a vegetable. Tomatoes are actually a fruit.
    If a tomato is a fruit so are cucumbers, squash, green beans and walnuts

Don't be so technical

School lunch flap

I don't visit here much, but I wanted to post this.
    http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...3?sac=fo.local

What's next? Lunch Nazis checking for proper food intake? Really? Seriously, not in a real free society. You think they care about the kids? LOL......These people will go to any length to control you and your kids. Of course, they only are looking out for your best interest.... Mother, pleeease....If you believe that, well , you're already gone. You will get what you deserve.
    Enjoy your CHANGE.....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    All this type of stuff got it's start from all the wussys complaining about cigarette smoking. Smokers have been saying for years that by effectively banning and taxing tobacco products that the door was being opened for restrictions against anything and everything.

It's your bed, you made it, now sleep in it
    Yep, busy body 'we know best' liberals. Always worried more about YOU than themselves....Aren't they so compassionate? They will never be satisfied until they have total control over what you can eat, read, smoke, drive, say, write, think, where you can go, live, travel to, it's all right there for anyone with eyes open to see. If this is allowed to continue, we will WISH we were in N. Korea. At least we would have more choices in our lives. Too many Americans {and "undocumented immigrants"} are ignorant, fat and lazy. They don't know or appreciate what this country is or has contributed to this planet. Obama is a sad joke that is being propped up by his own kind in the media. These kind of 'we know what's best for you' policies will only get more intrusive until people wake up and stand up for themselves. Why do you let these soft-headed liberals treat you this way??? Take your dam% country back already.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Thread's merged due to same subject matter.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

If a tomato is a fruit so are cucumbers, squash, green beans and walnuts

Don't be so technical
    Using this sort of (ill) logic, so is a hotdog.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Using this sort of (ill) logic, so is a hotdog.
    A tomato is a fruit because it has seeds inside, so do cucumbers, green beans squash and walnuts.

A tomato is a fruit because it has seeds inside, so do cucumbers, green beans squash and walnuts.
    Close.

A fruit is the matured ovary of a flower, containing the seed. After fertilization takes place and the embryo (plantlet) has begun to develop, the surrounding ovule becomes the fruit.

A vegetable is considered to be edible roots, tubers, stems, leaves, fruits, seeds, flower clusters, and other softer plant parts.

The thing that's confusing is that a fruit can also be a vegetable, but a vegetable can never be a fruit.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

So , when I eat my tomato, potato chip with peanut butter sandwich I'm being a health nut

So , when I eat my tomato, potato chip with peanut butter sandwich I'm being a health nut
    No just a nut.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Manco prefers fruits.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Manco prefers fruits.
    Yeah well that's who he hangs out with so I've been told. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I have 3 nuts replying to my posts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast