+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermostat question...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Thats not how I've seen it work. If the system uses a contactor the fan will not energize. Thats why you set the stat to electic when using contactors. There might be exceptions to this but I haven't seen them.
    I know what you're saying, thats why I always confirm how its configured as I've seen it done with a contactor that didn't require the fan relay NO contacts to close to operate the blower.

Mgenius I might be wrong, but thats why I'm here to share ideas and share what I do know. (which at times seem like little compared to some here) I appreciate the response.

Post Likes
    This is a great site, I usually learn something new, or find a good research subject every time I log on.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    If you're lazy like me just jump the R + W & see if the fan comes on with the heat. If it does set it to "gas" it it doesn't set it to "electric". I ain't crawling in the attic or under a house if I don't have to.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

Post Likes
    If you select "electric heat" on a dual fuel heat pump system, things could get interesting...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in