Thread: Installing a steam humidifer above a-coil

Post Likes

Installing a steam humidifer above a-coil

Hi there.

Looking for professional advice regarding installing a steam humidifer (Honeywell TrueSteam HM512VPIAQ).

On my vertical furnace duct, I have 27 inches of clearance between the top of the A-coil and the top wall.

-The installation manual says "ensure proper clearances from A-coil"

What are the proper clearances? Does it just mean to make sure to not fire the steam into the A-coil, or is there a certain distance above it that I need to be?

-The manual also says "minimum 24 inches from downstream open duct air space (needed to prevent condensation)"

So is it safe to say that I can install the nozzle at 3 inches over the A coil and 24 inches below the top wall?

Obviously, I don't want condensation to cause water to pool in my furnace (probably ruining it...)

Advice please! Thank you.

Post Likes
    sorry, No DIY

Post Likes
    the honeywell truesteam humidifiers are junk. i wish i never sold them to my customers. if you need a steam humidifier i would use a aprilaire 800

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in