Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW AR
    Posts
    2,478

    Robert Bales Massacre

    His attorney states the guy doesnt remember mowing down 16 men, women, and children.

    I respect and admire our people in the military but this guy should be strung up..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,321
    Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    His attorney states the guy doesnt remember mowing down 16 men, women, and children.

    I respect and admire our people in the military but this guy should be strung up..
    SHOULD HE; we do not know what he has been through or the extent of damage he has incurred. I read in one of his tours in Iraq he sustained an injury to his brain, this could certainly have precipitated these attacks.

    We need to wait and see what comes out in the trial, a sane man just does not go out and throw away his life and slaughter 16 people.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    SHOULD HE; we do not know what he has been through or the extent of damage he has incurred. I read in one of his tours in Iraq he sustained an injury to his brain, this could certainly have precipitated these attacks.

    We need to wait and see what comes out in the trial, a sane man just does not go out and throw away his life and slaughter 16 people.
    Agreed!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

    - Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    His actions have directly and specifically aided the enemy.

    Hang him for treason.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    511
    His actions may be a direct repercussion of his military training and experience. String him up for treason? Way top treat the symptom and not the cause. I guess if the pressure switch isn't closing, you just go ahead and replace it, huh?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Do you deny that he has hurt the US & helped the Taliban?

    Or do you simply oppose the death penalty?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    511
    I don't know all the details. It sounds like his government and country have set him up for failure. I'm not condoning his actions. If a mis treated dog gets loose and kills a child, who is to blame? We all know who gets put down..but really, who is to blame?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,953
    Thats America!

    Let him get a fancy lawyer, couple that with a LIBERAL judge and before its all over we'll be paying him for his pain and suffering. I'm not saying that he may not of had exentuating circumstances that pushed him over the edge, but people need to be held responsible for their actions. If I was in charge he'd be dead already.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Thats America!

    Let him get a fancy lawyer, couple that with a LIBERAL judge and before its all over we'll be paying him for his pain and suffering. I'm not saying that he may not of had exentuating circumstances that pushed him over the edge, but people need to be held responsible for their actions. If I was in charge he'd be dead already.
    Yes, people of sound mind should be held accountable for their actions.

    Maybe he sacrificed his mind over there for us....infact, his lunacy may very well be a reflection of our freedom.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

    - Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Yes, people of sound mind should be held accountable for their actions.

    Maybe he sacrificed his mind over there for us....infact, his lunacy may very well be a reflection of our freedom.
    Thank you, i'm glad someone can see my point. Responsible for their actions? Maybe it was the apathy of american citizens that let wars like that get fought, that force people like him to be put through those kind of things and that leave him with out the type of mental/emotional therapy/support that he required. If that is the case then you could argue that those who where killed took responsibility for their actions or lack of actions. Again i'm not defending this man, just pointing out that there are things to consider. Maybe try looking past your own nose. Empathy is obviously lacking here. Maybe if you had ever made a sacrifice for your country and been through a war, you would be more understanding and not so quick to just say 'he'd be dead if i where is charge.' The fact that you think like that is the reason you aren't in charge and never will be, thank God.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Excluding Obama- Please name one person in the past 10 years who has hurt the US more that this man?

    It's not just that he's a homicidal maniac; we put them to death all the time. What makes this case so egregious is that he's a homicidal maniac who has just doomed the US to years or even decades of terrorist attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if in ten years all of the history books mention Robert Bales as the reason we lost the war in Afghanistan.

    That's why I consider his rampage to be a clear case of treason and that's why I believe he should be hung or face a firing squad (or whatever it is they do to treasonous people these days).

    It's all fine and good to suggest that lessons can be learned from this. I doubt anyone would disagree about that. But he went berserk and started slaughtering women and children- let's not forget that this isn't someone who dropped a bomb on the wrong car by accident.

    To put it another way, how would you feel if you lost a loved one in Afghanistan and now, years later that loved one's death becomes meaningless because in the end we lost the war because of this traitorous animal?

    Truth be told, I'd prefer we turned him over to the Afghans but I realize we can't set that president.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    511
    George W. Bush

    That being said, i get your point. But still think that this is a reprecussion of other people's actions.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    That being said, i get your point. But still think that this is a reprecussion of other people's actions.
    That may be. And I'm sure we both hope that all of those avenues are pursued to keep this from happening again if at all possible. I'm troubled by a lot of this story. Questions that come to mind include, "how did he get off base without anyone knowing?

    Anyway, I think we see each other's points.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event