+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding new cases to Hussmann remote compressor system

Post Likes

Adding new cases to Hussmann remote compressor system

Hello everyone, I work in heating and air conditioning trade for the last 7 years, now I have some oppurtunities to enter into commercial refrigeration, I have a customer who owns a mid sized supermarket. A Hussmann HE remote compressor system is in the store. Hussmann is on the same floor with all the cases and freezers. The refrigeration pipes goes into the ceiling from the cases. He asked me that he wants to add a row of 20' mid temp cases to the system.(He prefers cases that hook up to the Hussmann to self contained cases) I read through the manuals but I am not sure how do I tap into the existing suction and liquid branch lines without interrupting the rest of the system. Is there normally isolation valves? I don't have previous experience in these systems, one of my friend works as a electrician, he supplied me with ultrasite software and I can hook up to the Hussmann controller. Any input will be appreciated!

Post Likes
    Do you have the capacity to handle the additional load?

Post Likes
    Yep check your compressor capacity.

Post Likes
    ok, I will find out and post here later, thanks!

Post Likes
    Also check for spare stubs on the Liquid and suction headers. If so you'll isolate and depressurize the headers and install ball valves on the spares for the new Ckt.

Post Likes
    If you aren't familiar with this type of work, you may want to contract with an engineer to help to guide you through the sizings and other complexities.

You not only need to be certain that you have the capacity, but you need to size and pipe the suction and liquid lines correctly and size the control valves correctly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    If you aren't familiar with this type of work, you may want to contract with an engineer to help to guide you through the sizings and other complexities.

You not only need to be certain that you have the capacity, but you need to size and pipe the suction and liquid lines correctly and size the control valves correctly.
    One thing that is sometimes missed. Check the condenser capacity at your summertime peak temps. Also the sizing of the lines to the condenser.
    Just having the compressor capacity isn't all of it. They may have surplus compressor capacity in order to be able to operate with one failed compressor. Also if that is true, the customer should be made aware that they might not be able to ride out a failure, if that is the case.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in