Build a darn wall already.
    The minutemen have the right idea.
    They are beginning to build their own wall on private land with private funds.
    Go get em boys.

You gotta plug the hole before you can bail the water.

Kinda' ironic isn't it. Reagan emphatically telling Gorbie to "tear down this wall" and here we are having to think about erecting walls again.
    I'm afraid those walls won't keep out N. Korean ICBM's and biological agents.
    I'm afraid we are in for quite a ride.

Originally posted by chillbilly
    Kinda' ironic isn't it. Reagan emphatically telling Gorbie to "tear down this wall" and here we are having to think about erecting walls again.
    I'm afraid those walls won't keep out N. Korean ICBM's and biological agents.
    I'm afraid we are in for quite a ride.
    What's funny is that you don't distinguish between a wall that is built to keep people in and a wall that is built to keep people out.
    You also seem to have a problem with mixing problems with solutions. How did you come to the conclusion that a wall on the mexican border was meant to keep out ICBM's?

If mexico wants to have open borders with the US, then I am alright with making mexico the 51st state.

BTW...It's cool you advocate war with N. Korea, I think we should do a first strike against them also.
    If you don't believe this, then shut up about their missles.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by skrewt

What's funny is that you don't distinguish between a wall that is built to keep people in and a wall that is built to keep people out.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    No, frankly I don't. A solution to Mexican illegals is building a wall to keep them out?
    The expense, logistical monitoring and apparent ease in which a wall could be breached using explosives,tunneling, and Lord knows whatever else, make it an unrealistic and overly costly solution. In fact, it's not a solution at all.

You also seem to have a problem with mixing problems with solutions. How did you come to the conclusion that a wall on the mexican border was meant to keep out ICBM's?
    __________________________________________________ ________
    I didn't. My point is that building a wall shouldn't even be a priority considering all the "other" threats that have amassed against our country and the world.

If mexico wants to have open borders with the US, then I am alright with making mexico the 51st state.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Great. Maybe they can pay for the miles and miles of wall, the monitoring and upkeep too.

BTW...It's cool you advocate war with N. Korea, I think we should do a first strike against them also.
    If you don't believe this, then shut up about their missles.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Your president and the rest of the world don't believe it either and they're not shutting up about it. Why should I?
    I didn't advocate war against N. Korea at all. Funny, I don't see their neighbors, China, Japan and Russia jumping on a first strike bandwagon either.

[Edited by chillbilly on 04-24-2006 at 10:55 AM]

hey, hey - back into your corners boyz.

pick-up your bibles and ask for forgiveness.

...I will pray for you...

__________________________________________________ ______
    No, frankly I don't. A solution to Mexican illegals is building a wall to keep them out?
    The expense, logistical monitoring and apparent ease in which a wall could be breached using explosives,tunneling, and Lord knows whatever else, make it an unrealistic and overly costly solution. In fact, it's not a solution at all.
    The expense is a drop in the bucket compared to continuing to give them welfare and free medical care.
    Explosives and tunneling? you make it sound like they would form siege armies and attack.
    I have done security systems for prisons, it is entirely doable. The fence only reduces the manpower necessary to enforce the border.

I didn't. My point is that building a wall shouldn't even be a priority considering all the "other" threats that have amassed against our country and the world.
    The wall needs to be the first priority.
    What good does it do to guard the front door when the back door is wide open and unguarded.
    Did you ever hear of "multi-tasking"?
    We are perfectly able to build the wall, enforce the border and address all the other threats in the world.

Your president and the rest of the world don't believe it either and they're not shutting up about it. Why should I?
    I didn't advocate war against N. Korea at all. Funny, I don't see their neighbors, China, Japan and Russia jumping on a first strike bandwagon either.
    I believe that if you want to deflect from the war in Iraq by pointing out other threats in the world, then you must be advocating war with these other countries.
    China and Russia don't have Korean missles pointed at them (maybe Japan). Cetainly South Korea and the US troops there are the primary targets.
    Funny how when the gun is pointed at your head it becomes your priority.

OK. Valid points, all of them. And yeah, if it is something that could help, I'm all for it.
    Bottom line is these people must be removed from our society.

Is a wall a conceivable option in the north border as well?
    What should be done about the small winged aircraft that enter our country's shores and borders undetected?
    The small oceancraft that enter our shores by sea?

The reason I ask this is because I see plane landing gear tires in the sand here frequently when I'm fishing very early in the morning.
    I asked a Dept. of The Interior guy about it and he stated that it happens all the time and that these aircraft are coming in completely undetected and smuggling in drugs and people.

I really wasn't trying to debate the subject to begin with.
    I was just pointing out the irony of how things happen in this world.
    I guess my pessimism with how things are going in the world dictates my way of thinking.

I would like to build a wall around New Jersey.

Talking probably got a hot wife too

LOL! Damn daytona, you're a sharp debater WITH a sense of humor. Some guys have got it all.

Cheers. Go Irish.

http://www.usborderpatrol.com/borderframe1301.htm

Fairly interesting stuff. It points out how the Mexican government is in disarray and it's impossible to separate friend from foe there. It points out what lengths the builders of a 20 mile stretch of wall had to go to just to keep the attacks on the wall from penetrating it.
    Shows how tunneling is a significant threat through these "barriers".

[Edited by chillbilly on 04-25-2006 at 08:50 PM]