Nordyne red thermostat of death

I came home on Saturday to a red thermostat telling me to schedule a service call due to a "hard blower" error/failure/fault.
    It presented me with a series of options, and I always selected Reset out of the given choices. Once it turned blue again, I went in and set the unit to run in Auto mode.

The weather has been nice here, so the unit has had no need to heat or cool, so I don't know if it is working again or not. The only thing that's been running is the intermittent fan.

Probably unrelated, for the last few months I haven't noticed the system running at low speed in order to bring the humidity down. I have it set at 45%, and it will display the current RH is 61% and the temp is exactly at the set point. Previously, it would take it down another degree to wring out some moisture.

Any ideas or opinions before my service appointment on Thursday?

The tech is here, but he's having trouble getting to the fault menu. He says the manual he has must be out date.
    Anyone able to give him some tips? He said he'd normally contact the Broward county distributor, but they closed. No luck with the support line either.

Instead of the distributor support, we finally got through to Nordyne support.
    The fault was an overvoltage on Feb 11. No idea why that would trigger a service call.