Hydrokinetic HK120E

Hydrokinetic HK120E

Hi,

I have a Hydrokinetix model number HK120E that is leaking at the pressure relief vale. The pressure in the system is 160. The system was installed in 1994 and seems to work well. However, I'm curious what is the life expectancy of this type of system given the fact the tank is made of steel, rust has to be an issue. Does the tank have to be drained to replace the valve?

Do I actually need this hookup? Can I have it disconnected? I have an inside Carrier unit Model #FV4ANF002.

I live in Morgantown PA, bought a home here last year, and this is my first experience with this kind of heating system.

Thank you.

You sure thats not the temp of the system. All the Hydrokinetics I've seen are open tank system, with a 15 PSIG relief valve.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The temp is 160, you are correct. The valve is 15PSI. Is it worth fixing? Do these systems blow like a water heater? I'm curious about life expectancy.

I have been in houses where this type of system was disconnected and left in the basement. Are they a bear to move?

Yep, they are heavy to move and remove.

Depends if its had regular treatments of inhibitor, weather its in good shape or not. It probably is worth fixing. At least for the remainder of this winter.

many ar abandoning them, because they lost the discount rate.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?