+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ****ty ice maker

Post Likes

sh!tty ice maker

here is a pic from that compressor i replaced the other day, where the leak was at the terminals .. first off this is a beeeotch to replace .. not service friendly at all ..
    im gonna post it on W.O.S. too

here is the drier in the circuit before i open it... see or notice anything odd or wrong ? i know someone knows

how about this brazing job on the suction line filter .. not to mention the line wasnt insulated

nice distribution tube huh ? i cleaned this beeotch & it now looks brandy new ... not an easy one ... lots of hot hot water & elbow grease

i think the ice thickness probe needs a cleaning

[Edited by hvac wiz 33 on 04-20-2006 at 08:26 PM]

Post Likes
    Hosi makes a really good ice machine cleaner, but it is not safe on Manito's, unless you use lots of care and rense it real quick, it makes quick work of all the slime on the tube. but it can eat the plating off the evap plates.

Post Likes
    i break down machine into pieces .... soak them in very hot water .. then dump & soak them in nickel safe w/ very hot water to help loosen any scale & crap .. then crub the sh!t out of every piece with green scrubby thing.. send them through dish a few times .. all always looks new except tubing .. that crap stays looking dirty even though its clean .. .. i used to break out the steamer but its currently broke .. hot water at high pressure works ok ... this is how i remove all the slime from the inside of machine & in & around evap ... i wear my raincoat though lol .. i sanitize, use ice guard & total guard to help prevent growth ... i dont like using AUCS on my accounts cause i clean them regulary & cant use ice guard with those systems ... there are other means of preventing slime but i am unfamiliar with them .. i know manit. has its auto protection .. just never see it or hear about it ... any input ?

Post Likes
    Kind of curious. Are you self employed hvac wiz?

Post Likes
    Payson it looks like it is time to name yet another villian to the HVAC business.... The Brazing Hooligan (T.B.H.) for short after recently seeing all of the posts with the bad brazing. The word bandit should only be reserved for the R.C.B. Him and his buddy the Flex Duct Desperado (F.D.R.) can hang out together with The Lineset Pirate (T.L.P.) and throw a hack party!

Post Likes
    That sure is some ****ty brazing.Must be half a stick of braze on that joint!

Post Likes
    A 163S on an ice machine? That's a little too big, no?
    "We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    should have sold them a new unit, plating looks like it's on last legs. the drier problem is it's not a bi-flow.

bob

Post Likes
    Originally posted by PaysonHVAC
    Kind of curious. Are you self employed hvac wiz?

no im not ........ for the drier .... totally not manitowoc approved according to my guy at the supply house .. now a drier is a drier sure but some types are meant for certain applications .. i put a uk in there, manitowoc approved always makes me feel better ... higher moisture removal, baffles on each side .. blah blah ..
    p1perbob ... lmao .. the machine isnt very old at all & customer only wanted repair ... i gave him an idea of replacing just because i knew the total of changeout + cleaning would be costly ... manitowoc OEM comressors are pricey ... .. the inside looks very very good now & my maintenance methods will keep it that way .. evap is shiny after cleaning lol

[Edited by hvac wiz 33 on 04-21-2006 at 07:54 PM]

Post Likes
    I recognize that floor.. is that a McDonalds, or some other fast food restaurant?? lol

Post Likes
    hvac wiz 33 is that one of them CLC back pack tool bags? If so could you post some pics of how you set yours up. I was thinking of picking one up and would like to see it set up. Thanks John
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Post Likes
    yes it is one of those back pack tool bags ... during this upcoming week i will take a few pics of my setup .. its a really cool bag. probably my best yet. look for it under a new thread though

Post Likes
    cool deal thanks
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Post Likes
    i havent forgot .. been real busy .. im working on it

Post Likes
    Man you sure work on alot of ice machines.Is that all you work on?I feel guilty when have to sit there a watch water freeze.

Post Likes
    Whiz I was up in Pittsburgh last weekend. It was good times running around where I was born. Got to see the stadium (both of them) for the first time since they were built. Amazing.. hopefully I'll be back up there for a game this year. If so, we should tailgate a bit and drink a couple frosty one's.
    Don't settle for mediocrity, set higher standards for yourself than the rest.

Post Likes
    In my days I have serviced and installed afew ice machines. That is why I never request iced drinks at resteraunts or taverns and if i get ice from hotels i use it only to keep things cool..... I trust the commercial bagged ice because i have service the plants in my time and they have strict regulations...

Post Likes

Re: sh!tty ice maker

here is the drier in the circuit before i open it... see or notice anything odd or wrong ? i know someone knows

look in the background. i like the 2 kinks in the line!!!!

Post Likes
    Furnacedude that looks like the extra line on the compressor.

Post Likes
    Thats a pinch off from the factory charge on the high side.
    FEN

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in