+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thanks sparky

Post Likes

thanks sparky

Low airflow to masterbedroom since new (15 years). I used a snake camera up thru a can light to find this.
    Last edited by shavedneon; 02-11-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: pic. missing

Post Likes
    Think you need to attach a pic.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Post Likes
    Do you think you could send that elbow up to me? My gutter elbow is getting piqued from the rain we got last summer...

That is worse than disgusting...

Post Likes
    Nice. What a mess.

Post Likes
    not sure of common practices where all of you are. That 4 by 3 downspout is actually the dryer vent to outside, pretty common here. maybe it was the plumbers smashing the duct, the guys got it fixed whoever was to blame.

Post Likes
    That's a choke hold if I ever saw one.......nice
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shavedneon View Post
    not sure of common practices where all of you are. That 4 by 3 downspout is actually the dryer vent to outside, pretty common here. maybe it was the plumbers smashing the duct, the guys got it fixed whoever was to blame.
    IMC 504.6.1 requires drier vents to be a diameter of 4", no larger no smaller. has to be 28 gauge or thicker and prohibits the use of corrugated ducts (downspout elbows) because it collects lint and is a fire hazard.

Downspouts as drier vents sounds kinda hillbilly to me, why not just use the right material?

Post Likes
    But isn't that why they call it "flex duct"?

....just ducky about that dryer too...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    I think they teach them that in electricians school. They also teach them that you dont have to be hot in an attic, just pull one of those ducts loose and point it at yourself. When your done just stick it back in the hole. Then about a week later you get a call no cooling in one room. So you ask the question mam have you had an electrician in your attic lately. Why just last week. OMFG

Post Likes
    Oh wait that was pex pipe crushing the flex wasnt it? My bad

Post Likes
    Mostly pex it looks like, but I see some wires in there too......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Is there any any access to the area without cutting through a wall or ceiling?
    Carpe Carp~ Seize the carp

Post Likes
    I was there to bid something else with their kitchen remodel, asked if they had any other HVAC concerns or questions, mentioned master bedroom comfort and a few other things. The contractor took care of the cut, patch, and paint for us, drywall guys were there anyway for the kitchen.

Miller257, thanks for the IMC info, I've always prefered 4" round, an inspector at a particular subdivision required upsizing to 5" after a certain lenth. Now I see that couldn't of been code, probably doesn't even work. My IMC is in the truck I totaled a few weeks ago, I have my IRC, found M1502 with the same info you quoted. I love arguing with inspectors with the code.

I'm lovin' the input of everyone on this site. Thanks guys

Post Likes

does this look like the BAD pex

was it call poly-butylene pipe, pretty sure it's grey, Our plumbing dept. repipes and I know there were law suits about it and stuff. Can anyone tell if this stuff is that same stuff just from pictures, didnt think about it untill now.

Post Likes
    PEX is cross-linked polyethylene, IE PolyEthylene X-linked, not polybutylene, a different plastic.
    To get the degree symbol ° on Windows hold down the Alt key and type 0176 or 248 on the keyboard number pad. It is also available via the character map, and on Windows 8.1 devices with a touchscreen via the on screen keyboard.

There is no "E" in either BluVac or Blu-ray Disc.

If you are the type where the painting is more important than the frame, or you just like movies, join me in listening to the widescreen.org podcast.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in