Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good looking job

I counted 15 8" runs in the one pic..Are those all runs going to be tapped off a plenum? Or is the ceiling space being pressurized? Where is the unit set?

Not that uncommon in commercial, at least in hospitals. We've got quite a few linear diffusers set up like this in waiting rooms, and some procedure rooms. Balancing is harder, but the comfort level is much nicer (especially in a waiting room, where everyone is just sitting around) than traditional registers would be.

The downside I see to this is the window washing also means it is directly disrupting curtains. I also, don't see the point, in the whole window washing idea. If the windows are the area of most heat gain, I wouldn't necessarily want to increase the temp differential across them by blowing the coldest air right on them. All this does is increase overall heat gain, for a minimal increase in comfort for 6 inches in front of the window (not usually an occupied region).

The buildings that I maintain have linear diffusers thruout them. They would be very effective, except for the fact that they are 4' back from the windows and there are desks where people sit against the windows. So the people that sit next to the windows complain about the cold air blowing on them, or the people away from the windows complain about the temp. Then there is the fact that the designer decided that the linear diffuser should also be used for the interior vents, instead of a 4-way ceiling grille. So they are nice for the right application.

Quote Originally Posted by sgraefe View Post
    The buildings that I maintain have linear diffusers thruout them. They would be very effective, except for the fact that they are 4' back from the windows and there are desks where people sit against the windows. So the people that sit next to the windows complain about the cold air blowing on them, or the people away from the windows complain about the temp. Then there is the fact that the designer decided that the linear diffuser should also be used for the interior vents, instead of a 4-way ceiling grille. So they are nice for the right application.
    I have a new PM customer that his newer commercial building has issues with some of the rooms with a lot of glass has comfort issues by the windows. There are 4 way grilles in center of rooms. Think about installing some Shoemaker LSD Linear to wash the windows.

its done in commercial all the time, called linear diffusers

Quote Originally Posted by tuklugs View Post
    I have a new PM customer that his newer commercial building has issues with some of the rooms with a lot of glass has comfort issues by the windows. There are 4 way grilles in center of rooms. Think about installing some Shoemaker LSD Linear to wash the windows.
    You don't want to wash the windows, you want to suck the air currents off of them.

1aAIR DISTRIBUTION BASICS.pdf

According to this engineer at Krueger 90% of all Linear grills are not and have never been properly adjusted to correctly mix the room air.Also according to Dan Int-Hout every building in the world has comfort issues by the windows, so why would you put people there? Why not use it as a hallway?
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    You don't want to wash the windows, you want to suck the air currents off of them.

1aAIR DISTRIBUTION BASICS.pdf

According to this engineer at Krueger 90% of all Linear grills are not and have never been properly adjusted to correctly mix the room air.Also according to Dan Int-Hout every building in the world has comfort issues by the windows, so why would you put people there? Why not use it as a hallway?
    The HVAC Contractor don't have any returns in any of the rooms, just back in the back hallway by the furnace room.

pretty common in big buildings. ive seen it lots of times, but never in a home. looks good

window washing.....................

Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12