Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strange residential job I'm proud of

All the air in this house flows thru a 1" gap on the perimeter of all the rooms. No registers will be installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

is that the supply side? pretty cool looking. novel idea.

yes, the picture is supply being on the glass, the returns are away from the windows and doors.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice looking duct I have never seen it done like that before, looks like a lot of extra work. Done that way visual appearance im guessing instead of large grills?

Better make sure that thing gets balanced before the ceiling goes up and hopefully it is a drop ceiling for future adjustments

We have an account with a system like this. We didn't put it in but we maintain it. The guy has 3 geo's, one does radiant floor heat and the other two are ducted like this. The whole house is done in a neo-modern industrial design and he has metal panels hanging from the ceiling with small gaps in them. The small gaps are part of the overall design but it allows for no registers to be seen. The whole house is a little weird looking and it's a pain to work on but the distribution system seems to work well.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

We do some stuff like that in some lab applications, Histology. Looks nice.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

best way to "wash the window" when done right

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

So all the air flows up through a 1" gap and all the crayons and legos flow down though it?

I've worked in one house that had a similar system, except there were no ducts. It was constructed very similar to a server room, with an elevated floor pressurized underneath with a 1" gap in the baseboard. Had nice heated floors, but it could be an IAQ nightmare, along with a fire hazard.

Never seen that done. Something to look into for people that dont want grills on the floor or wall.

Do you know where i can get some information on that design.

Lotta time and money just to avoid "usightly" RGD's. I'm sure it will look nice, don't get me wrong, but jeesh..

It's funny, when I build, I may soucre some old ornate cast iron radiators for a room or two. Talk about seeing your heating system.. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I like the idea of that, actually. Wrapping all of that with the silver bubble wrap is seriously time intensive. Nice work!

Never seen this done. Don't do residential anymore but even when I was, never saw this. Pretty cool concept!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast