Thread: Overseas jobs

Overseas jobs

I wondering if anyone on here can help me out. Im not a hvac-r tech but ive been a tin knocker for over 20 years. I want an overseas job but ill I can find are for techs. Does anyone know of a company that hires sheet metal mechanics for overseas? Fluor is only looking for techs. Any help would be GREATLY appriciated. Thanks Gregg

Prior service? If so, put your resume up on clearancejobs.com . Biggest issue I've seen is most companies want you to either have a clearance or had one in the past...makes it easier to reopen. If anyone is looking, they'll pick you up there.

Military service? No I've never been in the military but I have clear state and federal backgrounds. Do you have to have it?

Anything you HAVE to have is entirely up to the contractor, and based upon the gov't contract. The clearance positions typically pay better though.

Look into the US Embassy in Iraq...through PAE. From time to time they have uncleared positions. Be forewarned though, they've been cutting the pay way back over there for the last two years.

I have a friend that just returned...made about 10k more than I did stateside after he paid his taxes and 1 return visit. Is it worth it at that point?

Ok...thanks for the info..ill check into it and weigh my options

I'm also looking for hvac work overseas. I've been working for the same company for two years and my family and I are needing the money and I don't mind traveling. Times have been tough. I wont give a long sad story we all have one. Short story.... I have my journeyman's license, mostly residential light commercial. great work record no call backs. I have no boiler experience. I work hard and get along well with others. I have some previous maintenance experience. I would appreciate any help

Right now if you don't have an active security clearance you can forget about it...

But feel free to try applying at page and kbr...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Is that normally obtained from the military service? Or is there another option?

Prior military service. Occasionally a company will provide it to go overseas, but your going to have to be persistent.

Stateside jobs that require access to military installations may provide it, as well as jobs working on a military sub contractors site like Lockheed or similar. At that point though you already have a decent job.

Take into consideration that many of these jobs are only paying 80-90k now, depending on the location and company. Sounds like good money, and its tax free, provided your not in the states for more than 30 days a year from your hire date.
    A few years ago it was a really good gig, I have about 6 buddies over there now, but the govt is really tightening up the contracts and how much they pay out. Also, don't forget you still have to get a job when you come home.

That's 4 times what I'm making, At that rate A helper is making more than me.

Not when you consider where your living and the potential risks. Also, its a salary job, typically working 6-7 days a week 12-14 hours a day. Not that its a horrible thing, there's not a lot else to do..

Keep in mind that most likely you'll be living in a tent, may or may not be paying for meals at a military mess hall, and part of that annual salary usually includes a "completion of contract" bonus. Meaning you'll only get the final 10-15k after you complete your tour. Many companies will not pay your way home if you decide you don't like it.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just want you to know all the facts. This isn't a job you take just because the moneys good. How are you going to react when your camp comes under mortar or rocket fire? You will not be issued a weapon...you get to sit in a concrete bunker until the military gives the all clear, then you get to go fix what was damaged.

If you want to discuss it more, send me an email, I'll give you my cell. If your still interested I'll put you in contact with a couple recruiters I know.

I sent you an email