Confused Cozy direct vent wall heater

Hey all

Ive been working with a Cozy dv wall mounted heater model cdv336b
    and it seems to do the job for them most of the time. It puts the pilot light out on windy days? The venting on this unit is through the wall via concentric intake and exhaust. Been having this trouble for a while now and i have replaced gaskets, powerpile and pilot burner assembly. No difference. Is this just normal for this thing? Flue piping is real short(just through the wall) and its blowing like a vegas hooker today(40 mph gusts). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you had any luck fixing the problem? I spoke with a representative a while back ( I can't remember if it was Cozy, or Williams) and he recommended going with an over sized pilot orifice. I relied upon him for the proper orifice, but I haven't heard back from the irate costumer after installation of the orifice. I'd love to hear your solution if you found another. It's a common problem here on the coast.

ROTFL!! "Blowing like a vegas hooker"
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

i had this problem with one brand new out of the box and put on a intermittent pilot spark board and a new gas valve, homeowners are so much happier that they don't have to worry about the pilot going out over the winter will they are south for the winter. fairly simple fix and not to terribly expensive.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post
    Have you had any luck fixing the problem? I spoke with a representative a while back ( I can't remember if it was Cozy, or Williams) and he recommended going with an over sized pilot orifice. I relied upon him for the proper orifice, but I haven't heard back from the irate costumer after installation of the orifice. I'd love to hear your solution if you found another. It's a common problem here on the coast.
    I took a piece of coil stock 32 inches long,put a one inch 90 degree bend on it,then a 8 inch 90 degree bend,then over 22 inches,another 8 inch 90 degree bend,then another 1 inch 90 degree bend. This creates a wind shield over the existing vent.It changes the aerodynamics of the original vent and prevents the wind from blowing directly down the exhaust vent.