AFNG from Canada

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of a career change (IT tech, don't like being stuck in the office, plus the money ain't that good with all that cheap labor waiting to be hired in India). Most of my work experience that had some real work in it was more on the electrical side, with a bit of carpentry thrown in the mix, but I've gotta buddy in the trade, so I figured I'd at least get some good advice while moving up the ladder from G-nothing (toilet brush, and MAYBE a broom if I prove myself).

Just started a gas tech program (G3/G2, Ontario). Found this place while doing a bit of homework on the tools I'll need for school and later on, on the job). Gonna do a bit of reading and ask a few stupid questions. On a good note, at least I know which end of the screwdriver is which and I've used pipe wrenches before (not as a hammer).

Welcome to the site. Pipe wrenches aren't hammers?
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Thanks lol Unfortunately, I've seen too many aspiring techs do stupid stuff with their tools. Last guy I was training tried to use a $100 dollar punchdown tool for prying something that didn't even need to be pried. Needless to say, he didn't stick around too long. On my previous job, a guy used a $20,000 receiver as a stool. Got sent back to the big city as soon as his replacement arrived in camp.