New guy from New Mexico!

Greetings from the "land of enchantment" as we call it. Lots of sun and great weather here in southwest New Mexico.

I should say, by introduction, that I went to refrigeration school 35 years ago, bought all the right tools, but never worked exclusively in the field. The knowledge has served me well, saving lots of $$ on my own appliances, and doing some commercial work.

I am currently kinda retired, but self employed and really into Solarizing my home. I now heat my home with 10 hot water panels, 2 for domestic hot water and 18 PV panels which provide about 80 of my electrical needs.

I am now exploring the refrigeration end of solar energy. I have read some on the new mini dc compressors that Aspen makes-- very cool product!!

I am currently restoring and old porcelain lined sears coldspot 18 cuft chest freezer. The old comp was drawing 4.4 amps continuously!! Just not gonna work for a PV powered home. I have made a post about this project, hoping to get some specs and info about which new compressor to choose.

Thanks to any and all

al

Welcome, you could bring a lot to the table if you get pro membership, that's primarily where the technical stuff is.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

welcome aboard
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.