Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Overbearing Moderation in ARP

Ok, this crap has gone far enough!

Two reported posts on this thread.
    Two? Two.

Two ladies and gentlemen.

Has it ever occurred to you that means that over thirteen members agreed with the post?

I'm shutting her down
    Look, that shinola might work with your wife, but it is obviously a sexist view. If you are not man enough to shut HIM down, then... come on. At least be man enough to admit that Robo scares the bejeezuz out of you. You may get some sympathy on the forums.

before someone gets an all expenses paid vacation to the phantom zone.
    I presume this means that I'm going to Aruba if I berate you sufficiently.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction, in fact!

guys need to learn to discuss things instead of insulting each other.
    Ah! Sh!t! You were doing your Don Rickles thing!

*takes K-Man aside*

... though you know... insulting Robo is kinda fun. Just sayin'. See for yourself!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

i've been a member of numerous forums for over 12 years.

do you know how many people start a "political forum" then ban people because they have left or right views?

i was once banned from a site because i made a negative comment about Reagan.
    i'm currenty under threat of getting banned from another forum, simply because i'm right all the time and the moderator doesn't like my politics.

the thing that causes all the problems is people calling each other names.
    who wants to open a thread and see two ninnys calling each other "homos" ...or something...and no one talking aboput the subject?

i rarely ever drop a personal attack.
    quite frankly, i welcome the challenge of someone saying i'm wrong about something.

there are political forums on the net that don't have as much participation as this one.
    the mederation is as good as it gets.
    if people get upset, then they need to stop viewing the political forums

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i've been a member of numerous forums for over 12 years.

do you know how many people start a "political forum" then ban people because they have left or right views?

i was once banned from a site because i made a negative comment about Reagan.
    i'm currenty under threat of getting banned from another forum, simply because i'm right all the time and the moderator doesn't like my politics.

the thing that causes all the problems is people calling each other names.
    who wants to open a thread and see two ninnys calling each other "homos" ...or something...and no one talking aboput the subject?

i rarely ever drop a personal attack.
    quite frankly, i welcome the challenge of someone saying i'm wrong about something.

there are political forums on the net that don't have as much participation as this one.
    the mederation is as good as it gets.
    if people get upset, then they need to stop viewing the political forums
    *Hands Wolf a funny bone*

The way I see it, Wolf gets it. Talk about the issues. You can Call Obama, Romney, Newt etc. losers, liars etc. but dont call each other names. A little playful bickering is Ok but dont call each other things like gay, Aholes etc. Just real basic courtesy.

Whats this all about?

ARP is a shadow of what it once was. Its so proper in there anymore that it can be a snore to read most of the time.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    The way I see it, Wolf gets it. Talk about the issues. You can Call Obama, Romney, Newt etc. losers, liars etc. but dont call each other names. A little playful bickering is Ok but dont call each other things like gay, Aholes etc. Just real basic courtesy.
    I totally agree with both wolfe and new here. But way I see it there is one on this forum who violates this rule more than anyone else but gets away with it because he is on the far left which makes him a minority here and therefore gets cut a lot more slack than the rest of us because we apparently have our own version of AA.

This individual will launch unprovoked personal attacks just because you call Obama a Marxist and an alien which in my opinion he is. Now lately he is using the term extremist when addressing those of us who disagree strongly with his personal god Obama or express strong Christian moral beliefs like classical .

If you don't clamp down then this place would be a free for all and I can see the advertisers shutting down ARP and then you would have no place on HVAC-TALK to blow off steam. Most understand this and willingly accept it. I think K is doing a good job. Do I think in my view it could be done a little different sure but I'm not that picky and like it the way it is. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I can see the advertisers shutting down ARP
    This is exactly right; it was nearly shut down. This isn't exactly an easy job we volunteer our time for. We in ARPC are not perfect, and we do our best to keep things interesting without stepping on all of your toes...allowing you all to converse openly.

That's my .
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Shutting down ARP would kill 30% of the hits to this site....all from manco alone!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

My solution is to avoid the ARP section. I could get myself in hot water cuz I get pretty pissed at some of the crap that some people put out.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    There's a lot of sexual tension in this thread.
    We don't call him Coolwhip for nuthin'.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    We don't call him Coolwhip for nuthin'.
    There's a visual I didn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I totally agree with both wolfe and new here. But way I see it there is one on this forum who violates this rule more than anyone else but gets away with it because he is on the far left which makes him a minority here and therefore gets cut a lot more slack than the rest of us because we apparently have our own version of AA.

This individual will launch unprovoked personal attacks just because you call Obama a Marxist and an alien which in my opinion he is. Now lately he is using the term extremist when addressing those of us who disagree strongly with his personal god Obama or express strong Christian moral beliefs like classical .

If you don't clamp down then this place would be a free for all and I can see the advertisers shutting down ARP and then you would have no place on HVAC-TALK to blow off steam. Most understand this and willingly accept it. I think K is doing a good job. Do I think in my view it could be done a little different sure but I'm not that picky and like it the way it is. Thank you, thank you very much.

So who is starting the fight now Glenn?

Calling someone an extreemist, or a bigot, is not any different then you calling someone a marxist, commie, un-american.

You don't just call Obama that. You call me that.

You certainly don't have a problem dishing it out but can't seem to take it and it is apparent you think this forum should be one sided in your direction instead of being fair to all opinions.

Thats typical for, excuse me, intolerant individuals

As far as I am concerned what you often post here is very degrading and digusting to others and you should not be allowed here.

Thats just my personal opinion.

And it is not my decision but rather the moderators job to decide.

But to show you what a reasonable guy I can be.

I'll go away if you go away and I mean permanetly, no posting here at all, period.

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast