Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OLD G.E Split.. Need Compressor

my sister has a old 1980 g.e split heat pump. Compressor went out after 32 years. So i need a compatible replacement. Unfortunately the nameplate is now blank. M# of compressor : 21ct 22jc1f..
    Air handler m# is bwv918g11000
    Thanks in advance

Why not buy a new system?
    PA#9377
    Your Satisfaction...Our Goal.

REALLY?????? Yopu want to put a new compressor in a 32 year old unit?

1.5 ton based on the air handler.

I have a 72 Vega I need a new engine for, if the mounts that hold it aren't too rusted.

Quote Originally Posted by 24NC View Post
    my sister has a old 1980 g.e split heat pump. Compressor went out after 32 years. So i need a compatible replacement. Unfortunately the nameplate is now blank. M# of compressor : 21ct 22jc1f..
    Air handler m# is bwv918g11000
    Thanks in advance
    Your dropping more money than it's worth.

IF you find a compressor that MIGHT work, you've still got a compressor surrounded by 32 year old parts.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

so pretty much any 1.5 ton compressor will work/ but might have to adjust lines.
    And before the smart a$$'s ask, i just give the parts house a m#.

My job is to get prices and recommend what I would do. She spends her own money, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by 24NC View Post
    so pretty much any 1.5 ton compressor will work/ but might have to adjust lines.
    And before the smart a$$'s ask, i just give the parts house a m#.

My job is to get prices and recommend what I would do. She spends her own money, not me.
    So what do you recommend?

thanks everyone

you'll go far with that attitude when you seek information.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Isn't it amazing. Someone comes onto a web site with professionals on it, asks their opinion about an issue and cops and attitude when they ask legitimate questions about a system that easily out of date. I believe G.E. sold out to Trane, what, 25-years ago? The cost of operation on a 6-SEER unit like that would buy a new 13-SEER system and pay for it in a couple of years. Oh well, guess you can lead a horse to water but you cain't make him drink!
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Better to be thought of as an idiot than type and erase all doubt!
    PA#9377
    Your Satisfaction...Our Goal.

He didn't ask for an opinion on anything.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Some of those old GE units were bullet proof. I can tell you where more than a couple dozen are still running while some other brands have come and gone more than once. if that were my unit and both the indoor and outdoor were still in good shape i would drop a compressor in it without even thinking about it. besides how many used r22 compressors can you find nowadays, plenty!
    Two Hydrogen atoms met one day. One said to the other "I've lost my electron". The second said "Are you sure?" The first said "Yes, I'm positive".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast