Thread: GDI30 issues

GDI30 issues

Propane conversion

Customer said it does the following, but I have not seen it do any of this;

1) main burner will come on and go off up to 3 times rapidly, but pilot never goes out

2) booms on start up, shaking the entire unit

3) flames will be all blue for up to 5 minutes, then turn to yellow from middle up

I have checked all the install parameters and they seem correct- gas pressure, alignment, glass "ember" placement, orifices and shutter. Unit is in the basement of a 2 story house vented with flex liner up the existing chimney(first 6 feet of chimney below grade and remainder is exterior of house).

I cannot get it to do any of these while I am there. This unit has been nothing but a PITA since installed.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Cool

Sounds like a venting issue to me. Verify the intake and exhaust are on the correct liners and the appliance collars are not packed with insulation.

Thanks!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Sounds like the unit might be turning on and off quickly causing gas to build up and boom. Check loose wiring or bad switch