+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane tscb

Post Likes

Trane tscb

New to site need help working on 60 ton Trane chilled water air handler. System is over cooling occupied set point at 70 the effective set point shows 40 can't figure out why. Any help greatly appreciated.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Or maybe your looking at the offset and the setpoint is 40?
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctcoffelt View Post
    ...the effective set point shows 40...
    i may not be an expert, but i think that this may be your problem and not the air handler.

...can't figure out why...
    or it could be this reason.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post

Or maybe your looking at the offset and the setpoint is 40?
    And here I was thinking I was a smart arse. Boy you got me beat.. Anyways can't you relinquish the command to go back to the proper setting?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
    And here I was thinking I was a smart arse. Boy you got me beat.. Anyways can't you relinquish the command to go back to the proper setting?
    Ive got a hammer that's just big enough to get it back to the proper setting.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes
    New to site not to hvac not the offset and no cant change it . Supposed to be heat sp + cool sp devided by 2

Post Likes
    Your profile is kinda slim. No offense, but is English your first language? I ask because I wonder if that is why I don't recognize a couple of things. Is "effective setpoint" the same as "active setpoint"? And I'm not familiar with "tscb", but then I certainly don't claim to have worked on all the Trane air handlers either. Maybe it's a matter of the air handler being in "remote control" or "local control". You may think you have one, when you really have the other.

Post Likes
    Yes it is the same as active set point on my control module it says effective the tscb is a built air handler it has the tracer ah system I have local zone thumb will enabled

Post Likes
    Just a little back ground I have been doing hvac for about 10 years worked on carrier chillers here and there but not much this is the first Trane that I have worked on the company I'm doing the work for has always used Trane services so they may have set something up that I can't see been doing a little research wandering if they used the rover to set it up

Post Likes
    Like I said, I'm not familiar with that unit. If the operator interface is similar to the Intellipak then it could be confusing to understand. Others here may be familar with what you have. Some may "bust your chops" a little bit while waiting for more info, no harm meant, I'm sure. But my first thought was, and still is, a possibility. Also it could be a matter of what sensor is selected for whichever function. Access to an IOM or a programming guide for that unit would probably be a BIG help to you.

Post Likes
    Just downloaded the tracer manual gonna read up a bit but thanks for your input

Post Likes
    You're welcome, and good luck.

Post Likes
    does it have the 'blue screen' MP540 touch screen controller?

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Yes it does home screen has 4 options View, Setup, water valve override, something else can't remember at the moment.

Post Likes
    Yes it does home screen has 4 options View, Setup, water valve override, something else can't remember at the moment.
    you will probably need to contact trane and have them come back out to fix it.

when i worked for trane, i had 2 small chillers hooked to an air handler. each chiller had a single compressor with 3 stages of unloading (6 stages altogether). the problem (at least with mine) is if there was any kind of delay in the starting or staging of the chiller. the program was looking at leaving air temperature and starting/stopping the stages. however, if the leaving air temperature setpoint was not met, then it started ramping up its algorythm and would then call for minimum leaving air temperature which would call for all stages of cooling. on the lightly loaded days, all 6 stages could freeze the coil solid but the chiller would trip on its low suction pressure (as it should) to protect itself. this would make the bas program worse. i got them to put in an adjustable high and low limit on the screen that i could change to prevent the algorythm from going wacko.

you may already have the setpoints listed in your screen. if you are comfortable, you will need to go into the setup screen and...oh wait, this is an open forum. get pro-status and maybe i could help you further. most likely, you will need to get trane to come back out and then YOU tell them what you want and then teach you how to operate the panel and how the panel thinks it is supposed to operate. good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    ...you will need to get trane to come back out and then YOU tell them what you want and then teach you how to operate the panel and how the panel thinks it is supposed to operate. good luck.
    Yeah, right.............

Post Likes
    If this air handler indeed has a MP580 controller, and not a AH540, which both by the way need rover to set up, but the MP580 is a fully programmable controller, so you will not find anything in a Tracer book about sequence of operation, because it can be anything that you program it to be. You need to ask Trane or The Bldg owner for the as built control drawings which have the sequence of operation written out... But Like Jay said, you will have to have a Trane tech with Rover to come out and check it.

Post Likes
    Sorry been out of commission yes it has the blue display. Been doing research the system is a VAV air handler and has the tracer control mod from what I understand it reads the set point and space temp then calculates the discharge air temp haven't been back to check system since I read the book on the tracer. Will post tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in