Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 48 of 48
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    Solution to pollution is dilution. VOCs, PMs and CO from a ton of cars in close proximity is an issue. That's why rural areas don't always have the same restrictions that apply to metro area. Inhaled ozone has same toxicity profile as nitrogen oxides.
    Ozone and NOx levels in LA may not be above OSHA TWA 8-hr level but that doesn't mean breathing in below that level at 24/7 is healthy. As you know some people are far more sensitive to air quality.

    Burning one candle in the house is fine... but burn hundreds at once and it'll be like running a car in the garage with the door closed.

    Ozone is extremely irritating. Cars, sites of unattended death dedecay, etc are routinely deodorized with ozone owing to its powerful oxidizing effect. It's produced when there's a corona discharge and a small amount is produced in laser printers. Some laser printers have a ozone filter to prevent ozone from entering the office space as its harmful.
    Show evidence of anything you are claiming about ozone that does not originate with unsubstantiated claims by the EPA. You can't. NO one can because this whole "bad ozone" hype is EPA propoganda.

    Where the EPA does it's slight of hand with ozone is with levels. Yes, ozone is a very powerful substance. Because of that, it does not take much ozone to be irritating to some. But the facts are that the EPA elevates it's amount of ozone in every instance where it tries to prove that ozone is "bad". The EPA even changes the scale for the amount of ozone to make it appear to be worse than it is. Why does the EPA sometimes refer to ozone levels in ppb and other times in ppm? Because that is the EPA's way to confuse the amounts of ozone being tested with claims that ozone is "bad".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,102
    Anytime anyone offers evidence contrary to your beliefs, you denounce the source and poster as a communist or idiot.
    Why would anyone bother Robo?

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Anytime anyone offers evidence contrary to your beliefs, you denounce the source and poster as a communist or idiot.
    Why would anyone bother Robo?
    This is not a true or accurate statement. If it were true, you would have provided an incident where I have done such a thing. I only denounce posters as being Communists when they make statements that are concurrent with Communism and the only time I insinuated that a poster was an idiot, and that was a deliberate round about insinuation, the comment was removed and I was reprimanded by a moderator.

    So, unless you want others to now think you are some kind of Communist idiot, it would be best if you either post something to support your accusation of me or tell me how sorry you are for offending my sensitivities.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,551

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    What does any of this have to do with using CO2 as a refrigerant?
    What's CO2?...
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    What does any of this have to do with using CO2 as a refrigerant?
    +1 This thread got derailed quickly. There was some really good information earlier.
    I do three kinds of work.
    1 - Good - 2 - Fast - 3 - Cheap
    Pick two

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This is not a true or accurate statement. If it were true, you would have provided an incident where I have done such a thing. I only denounce posters as being Communists when they make statements that are concurrent with Communism and the only time I insinuated that a poster was an idiot, and that was a deliberate round about insinuation, the comment was removed and I was reprimanded by a moderator.

    So, unless you want others to now think you are some kind of Communist idiot, it would be best if you either post something to support your accusation of me or tell me how sorry you are for offending my sensitivities.
    YOU DA MAN!

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What's CO2?...

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Some threads are more fun when they do go off course
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event