Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trane Arkansas

i agree school gave me the basics but jot is where its at. my 2 years isnt alot but better then none

they want you for that Springdale office that has a service group connected somehow to the Little Rock group..that makes it even more a yes to go...your definitly getting in a truck as asap with all that area up there.they will have you out on your own before spring rockin and rolling.you have to drive to school in their truck ask them..Trane pays the 8 hr day traveling wise.some of the time you'll have to absorb...but what an oppurtunity.....you don't pay for nothing school only one day a week and into startup season they loose you to school that's going to be interesting.inquire at Trane on the schooling where it is and do they get you into the union don't leave anything in doubt....sounds like they need you
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

here is the add..

HVAC SERVICE. Full time, apprentice level, HVAC service position available for Mtn. Home area. Minimum. HS/GED, 6 month HVAC service experience, tech school certified preferred. Minimum physical required included, but not limited to, ability to climb and bend frequently, regular lift 10 lbs, frequently lift 50 lbs, and occasionally lift more than 100 lbs. Active driver's license, insurance and good driving record required. Qualified persons should contact Human Resources:Harrison Energy Partners, 1501 Westpark Dr., Ste. 9, Little Rock, AR 72204.

Who is Harrison Energy?

Trane is Trane around here. I have never heard of them go by any other name.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

look them up it comes back to trane..its crazy.. http://www.swtimes.com/business/arti...cc4c03286.html

It's very common for non-company-owned Trane offices to use names other than Trane in their business. The Philadelphia, Houston, and D.C. offices go by Damuth, Hunton and Boland, respectively. They are some of the largest, big $$$ Trane offices in the country.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

So Trane truly doesn't own them its privately owned???

No, they're not company owned. They still receive the company training and support, and do all of the new startups and warranty work. They are Trane in their area.

-Thomas Jefferson

so i take it everyone posting on here has worked for trane or still does??

It's probably safe to say that current and former Trane techs represent a big portion of the HVAC-Talk community.

-Thomas Jefferson

since i am asking ??'s how hard are the union test??

Trane might give you one to see what you know to see what to bring you in at dollar wise.the unions if you attending will be classroom teachings,with that 60hrs comng in you might be bored..Trane might put you with a lead tech and that will be the test to see if your able to be thrown out into a service truck...if you come in as an apprentice then that limits Trane to what they will send you on..keep in mind there are techs already there working there way up into Journeyman...and all of a sudden the "NEW GUY" is out in a truck doing service...so sell yourself. breakdown experience,talking to customers,how good are you with the digital meter,they do "TURN KEY " replacements stuff but i doubt installs.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

the h/r diff told me i would ride around with someone..But i know some unions make u take a paper test form what i been reading.So ur say if i sell myslef right and just so happens things go great all the way around the would give a 3rd year apprentice a set of keys and off i go..After i do a few months ride with someone. The studying i been doing union jobs are more secure then no unions right exp they dont have to work you 40 hours..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast