Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trane Arkansas

I think i may stay where i am at.I am about to move out of a old van into a newer one and on call now.I run service and do pmc's all the techs that run service here do pmc's tho we have 1600 of them.Raise is coming soon form what the boss said so see how all this pans out.and we are fad dealer and have to have so many nate cert techs that also is another raise form what i hear.

best thing you have is your young age,and to be in that "learning mode" sounds like a positive enviorment...good luck
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I am 27 so one more year if I want to make a move I still can

Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    I don't want to go back to school I just got out of a school here locally for hvac.
    Don't bother applying for the job then. Leave it for someone who wants to learn the trade to it's fullest, make $80K/yr, and have some of the best benifits around.

Stick with residential, forget chiller work, all the tools you can handle, and some of the best training you can get for free.

Stay on the porch.

Also, from reading your posts all you seemed concerned about is getting this new van...

Forget your new van, you will have 20 new vans over your career. Worry about getting the best training to get to the top as fast as you can.

Serious question, how much money do you make at your current job?

Not worried about vans..Vans dont make the pay check. And i havent even sent in the app. I make 10 now they said start out could be anywhere form 12.72 and up they would have to see where i would start out at a 2 year or 3 year apprentice. What scares me the most is if they call my job asking about me yet i dont get the job and where i work now lets me go or who knows maybe i wont like working for trane and so far where i work everyone has helped me out to get me where i am now. this year is my first full year there.I might feel different about this if i could really talk to someone person to person then over email and phone about the job

Here is what I can tell you about the job...

You will receive the absolute best training on their equipment.

You will have access to (company provided laptop with air card) all the Trane literature and troubleshooting guides.

You will be working on commercial/industrial equipment only.

You will receive the absolute best tools in the trade, they are not cheap.

You will be making more money in 5yrs than you will in 15yrs at your current job.

You will test into the apprenticeship program, you will get placed (with your limited experience) between a 2nd and 3rd year apprentice, it is a 5yr program. You will go to school for 8hrs a week, some programs are after work hours (5-8:30pm) while other locals allow their apprentices to work four days and then a day of school, paid.

You would be a fool not to jump at this opportunity. In ten years you will be a highly sought after tech that will know Trane equipment inside and out. Rooftop units will be chump change to you, chillers will be your best friend, and you will run your own accounts.

The ONLY downside to working for Trane in my area is they don't get into boilers.

Time to step into the big leagues bud. Don't even second guess this.

ETA- I do not work for Trane but I went though school with guys that did and still do today. I also work very closely with Trane on a lot of projects.

ETA Again - They will not call your current job if you ask them not to, they fully understand the consequences you would face.

here is 638B HVAC side of local in NYC 1st 6 months $10.95...2nd 6months $17.60...2nd yr $21.21...3rd yr $24.71...4th yr $29.82...Journeyman..big jump $36.30 .just so you know don't know how close the UA is down there but just to give you an idea of the bucks.being 27 yrs old there i also doubt it you'll pull the plug.you won't know what true experience your receiving now till you get tested or go on bigger more involved equipment and tonnages..and the politics....we tried.older guys that never went union missed the perverbial boat... and fight for each dollar ever year...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

ok so if they want me do i have to pay for schooling and all that. And they are in little rock i am in mt.home would the put me in a place to stay if i got hired on and so on..

ok so if they want me do i have to pay for schooling and all that. And they are in little rock i am in mt.home would the put me in a place to stay if i got hired on and so on..
    No you do not pay for schooling.

I cannot answer the question about putting you up but I highly doubt they would.

I just looked, you are 3hrs away from Little Rock. Trane may be based out of Little Rock but I am sure you have a closer local that would provide schooling and such.

Just looked again, Little Rock LU# 155 is the closest and only local in your state. You would most likely need to move closer.

the add says they want some one for this area so they might.. maybe i'll call monday and get more info..if it sounded good anuff maybe i would take off a day to go to little rock and see..

they might count where i went to school ?? its not a union school

they might count where i went to school ?? its not a union school
    If your local is affiliated with a local college your schooling may count towards a degree, otherwise they will take it into consideration when you take the placement test. I'll be honest and say that work experience is more important than schooling.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast